I raised an eyebrow and nudged him hard as he squirmed before placing a smile on his gorgeous face and if it was fake, you wouldn't be able tell at all. My mother stood rooted in her spot, rigid with her eyes wide as if shocked that I had brought a boy home with me. Mother had always nagged me on never getting a boyfriend because they weren't trustworthy or anything like that but hey, Soobin isn't my boyfriend so this doesn't count, right?

"And you are?" Eomma asked with a bit of hesitation in her voice.

"Choi Soobin, ma'am," Soobin answered. "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

"Please, just call me Yunhee."

Soobin nodded and never once in my life have I ever seen him so nervous. I wanted to laugh but I knew that this situation wasn't appropriate so I tried keeping it in. The struggles. My mother quickly ushered us inside as my eyes wandered around the place feeling a familiarity with the place as I bit my bottom lip nervously. Nervous to see my step father.

"Where is he?" I asked, knowing my mother knew who I was talking about.

"He's not home at the moment," She answered with a slight smile before ushering the both of us again but this time, into the kitchen.

I arched an eyebrow at three tea cups placed on the wooden dining table as if it was waiting for someone to drink it. I looked to my mother who only shrugged and pulled her chair out before motioning for the both of us to sit. Soobin quickly rushed in front of me to pull out a seat for me right opposite of my mother as I nodded as if to say thank you whilst taking a seat. Soobin nodded as a response before taking a seat right next to me, eyeing the house cautiously as if something was going to jump out at us at any moment now.

"Why did you return?" my mother asked cautiously.

I gulped and let my eyes wander around again, not wanting to tell her that I didn't really come to see her but to only see how the twins were doing. I sighed and placed both of my elbows on the table with a small smile. "I just wanted to check on you and the twins."

My mother nodded, believing every single word before she kept her eyes on Soobin who was going to break a sweat. I managed to hold back my laugh as Soobin met my eyes, his eyes telling me to break the awkward silence yet I refused to do so and that made him even more nervous. I could see sweat forming on his forehead as if he just ran a mile, his lip was pursed whilst managing to keep a blank face.

"Are the twins here?" I asked anxiously, my eyes darting around, desperate to find my two brothers.

My mother only smiled and shook her head. "They're out with some friends but they will be home soon."

I only nodded my head and let the awkward silence fill the tense air once again before I heard the front door unlock. Hearing those heavy footsteps made my hair stand on end and my whole body go rigid, my fingers playing with each other on my lap as I let my eyes stare straight ahead, right through my mom. I bit my lip nervously, avoiding eye contact with Soobin who plastered a confused facial expression in the corner of my eye. My mother was already chewing her lips as she suddenly stood up and walked towards the kitchen sink, trying to busy herself with the unwashed dishes. The tension in the air grew as sweat was already forming in the palm of my hands as the heavy footsteps were getting closer and closer. I bit my lip harder, wanting to escape. I could feel my lungs close up as if a vacuum was shoved down my throat and was sucking the air out of me and my head, already feeling light.

The footsteps were certainly closer than I thought as the tall, tan figure was now in front of me. His bearded face was in eye sight as his dark brown eyes glimmered with hatred yet amusement. My step-father relaxed at the sight of me and instantly took a seat right in front of me, taking my mother's spot as he folded his arms across his chest, his smirk appearing and stared right at me as if Soobin was invisible to him.

Right at that moment, I could feel myself relax right beside Soobin's warm body, realising that he had pressed me against his side as if he was protecting me. I looked up at Soobin and realised he was now glaring at my step-father as if hoping a black hole would appear and suck my step-father into the darkness, away from our sights yet I only knew it was my imagination.

My step-father frowned as his smirk instantly vanished, Soobin catching his attention and meeting Soobin's eyes. His smirk reappeared again and the hint of amusement flashed in his eyes as if it was meant to be there.

"まあ, まあ, まあ."(well, well, well) the deep voice that belonged to my step father chuckled. "And who are you supposed to be?" A/N: (Taki and Maki are Japanese that's why he speaks Japanese)

"He is—." Before I could even finish my sentence Soobin spoke up.

"I know I'm supposed to respect you but already seeing you, I am disgusted," Soobin said as he glared at my step father.

My eyes widened at Soobin's words as a cold shiver ran down my spine and my heart increasing it's beat.

Soobin, don't get involved.

I beg you.