Minutes had passed and the chauffeur had informed us that we had arrived at Soobin's place. The door quickly opened by the chauffeur as Soobin got out first then quickly offered me his hand which I had taken gratefully as he gently pulled me out. My eyes widened at the big, modern houses on the streets as the grass has been cut neatly and as if the sun was much brighter at his residence.

"Welcome to the Choi's, ma'am," the chauffeur bowed a bit before returning to his driver seat then reversing out of the pebbled driveway.

My eyes continued to observe widely at the large, black gates that were automatic and the white house was just massive. I blinked once or twice as Soobin chuckled before guiding me towards the front door which was, white double doors. The doors opened as Soobin was greeted by a middle-aged butler holding out his hands as Soobin quickly grabbed my backpack and placed it in his butler's hand.

"Welcome home Mr Choi and Miss," the butler greeted with a kind smile.

"Oh you don't have to," I replied with a nervous smile as I tried reaching for my backpack.

"No, I insist," the butler shook his head before ushering me inside then closing the double doors behind me.

I felt like I was going to faint as I was overwhelmed by such a beautiful home. The foyer was beautiful with the right side of the wall was a mirror hanging and a rectangular table that was also hanging on the wall with two glass lamps on each side. Further down the foyer was a wide beige carpet with comfortable-looking chairs against the wall and a white little glass coffee table in front. On the other side, there were glass doors that had the perfect view of the swimming pool. On the left side of the wall was a staircase that led to the second floor where Soobin had already started climbing it.

I followed closely behind, careful not to touch anything as we made our way up the stairs, past multiple doors until we reached the one that was open. Soobin took a step aside, allowing me to go inside first whilst I nodded and took a step inside the bright, large room. It was like a princess's room. The room was large and the colors of the walls were pink with pink plush carpet. The bed was king-sized as it had pink bed sheets and it was against a wall further down the room with colorful butterflies plastered on the pink wall that the bed was against. In the middle of the room was a glass coffee table with mini pink sofas around it and a toy box just against a large window with pink curtains.

"This room is prettier than mine," I whispered to Soobin who was standing by my side and chuckled.

"Perks of having rich parents," Soobin replied with a shrug before looking around for his little sister. "Sooyeon!"

A little girl with brunette hair around the age of seven started bouncing up and down out of an open door right next to her bed, assuming it was her walk-in closet for she was in a pink dress as she was just putting on a white cardigan. Her brown eyes met mine as she went to take Soobin's outstretched hand then he began to guide her towards me.

"Hi sooyeon," I greeted once they were close enough as I bent down to her height.

She gave me a little wave as I stared at her in awe. Her hazel eyes flashed with recognition as her eyes started to widen slightly, looking up at her older brother than back down at me.

"Aera?" she asked.

I nodded slowly, confused on how she knew about me.

"Oppa talks a lot about you."

Butterflies in my stomach erupted.

I looked up to Soobin who was stunned by her words and then nervously scratched the back of his head as his eyes started darting around the room as if it was the only thing in view. I chuckled and looked back at Sooyeon who was staring at me in awe.

But before any of us could say something else, we were rudely interrupted by the Choi's butler. "Miss Sooyeon, it's time to go to your ballet class."

Sooyeon pouted and looked up to her brother who only shrugged, kissing her forehead before guiding her towards the butler who outstretched his hands for her as she gratefully took it. I watched Sooyeon and the butler left after exchanging our goodbyes as I stood back up whilst I heard a notification alert going off from my phone. I took out my phone and followed Soobin out of Sooyeon's room as we started descending the staircase whilst I was staring at my phone and tapping on the app, Facebook. My eyes widened and my jaw slightly dropped at Beomgyu's friend request.

I hesitated before quickly accepting the friend request, not wanting to give him the idea that I hated him or anything like that. I quickly put my phone away as I realized that we were now in the foyer again, my eyes darting around for the butler but then remembered he had taken Sooyeon to her ballet class.

"Do you want to go home now?" Soobin asked.

I nodded quickly, taking my backpack from the chairs that were against the wall. Before I could take a few steps towards Soobin who was waiting for me by the door, a feminine voice called out for him. I watched Soobin's eyes widen at the voice.

"Soobin-ah, do you have a guest here?" the voice asked as she walked into the foyer.

She looked like a middle-aged woman who looked like a business woman with that typical business outfit of hers. The woman had brunette hair and hazel eyes who reminded me so much of Sooyeon as she looked tall in those heels. Her eyes widened when they landed on me, ignoring Soobin behind her. I was about to send her a little wave before Soobin darted from the door to me and grabbed my arm as we both dashed out of the house, leaving the woman shocked.

Soobin's house was out of sight as we had run for God knew how long. I looked down at my comfortable Adidas shoes and thanked myself that I had worn these instead of boots or heels. I shot Soobin a glare who didn't seem fazed at all as he started pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"Who was that and why would you do such a thing?" I asked, completely out of breath.

"She's my mother and that's because I don't want you to meet her," Soobin answered flatly.

An uncomfortable feeling settled in my stomach at his words as I tried to not let it bother me. I turned around, my back facing him as I observed the evening clouds and sky, feeling a gentle breeze brush my face.

"Harin will come and pick you up," Soobin said after minutes of dead silence between us.

I only shrugged in response and waited for my step-sister.

"Just because you met my sister, doesn't mean that you're special to me," Soobin quickly said, drawing my attention to him as I could feel a knot forming in my stomach. "You aren't special to me and you never will be. Remember that."

"Then why did you let me meet your sister?" I asked, turning around as I was getting furious.

Soobin hesitated yet he had shown no emotion. "You annoyed me and I felt sorry for you."

My jaw dropped at his words.

Annoyed?

I only asked twice.

I nodded, fighting back my tears as I knew that this would happen sooner or later as I could feel someone stabbing me with a knife whilst twisting it through my stomach.

"Of course."

I turned back and walked away from him, away from that jerk. I needed to look for Harin's car so I could get home quickly. I turned my head around to see if Soobin followed but he only stayed rooted to his spot as I only whipped my head forward again and stuffed my hands into my pockets.

Harin was right.

He was a dickhead.

I was a fool.