She quickly grabbed him by the sign and dragged him over.

"What are you doing??" She whisper-shouted, the other doll still in shock.

"Huh?" Nolan stared blankly at her, completely unable to understand what the commotion was about.

"Lou. You're talking to Lou. Why are you talking to Lou??"

Nolan frowned slightly, looking around confused as he did. "Uhhh, because I am...?"

"You're not being dared, right? Or pressured?"

He raised an eyebrow questioningly at her. "No?"

He answered hesitantly, knowing where this is going to lead.

Mandy's eyes widened slightly. "Nolan, you saw what he did and tried to do... He doesn't deserve your pity!" She sighed, lowering her voice further. "Just... please don't talk to him anymore. ...Please don't make the same mistake I did of trusting him."

The mix-matched doll stayed silent for a while, processing everything. Finally, after a few moments of pondering, he spoke. "I... know what he did. I know that he had tried to hurt a lot of dolls, i-including yourself and me as well. I totally get it. But... I don't know. He... He hasn't tried anything since."

"Because we were able to stop him," She answered, "But who knows what he's plotting now. long have you been hanging out with him?"

"Uh... Beats me... It's only recently, though. A few weeks maybe?"

"Has he slipped up and said something about his plans to take back control, or something?"

"No, because I have no reason to."

The two turned towards the direction of the clearing, noticing a third doll, face shadowed by the sunlight.

"Lou!" They exclaimed in unison, both awkwardly staring at the doll.

"Back-chatting, are we?" He gritted his teeth.

Mandy opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I see. Rather judgmental, wouldn't you think? I thought dolls were above that."

"I am only trying to protect Nolan." Mandy blurted out, "He means a lot to me, and I will not allow anyone to hurt him, especially not you!"

Lou raised his eyebrows sceptically, "and why, pray tell, would I want to hurt Nolan?"

"Don't give me that. Everyone knows that you're dangerous. I know better than anyone else."

His expression grew more solemn, almost as if he suddenly recognised what was coming up next.

"You're still upset about that? It doesn't even affect you now! You can leave, you could always leave, you know that now!"

"Wh...?" Nolan finally spoke up, though his voice had escaped him.

"It's not about that part! Do you seriously not know what you did?!" Mandy questioned, exasperated. Her watery eyes were becoming more obvious by the second. "Did you ever think about why I'm wearing these? After being perfectly fine before?" In a jagged movement, she moved her hands to point at her glasses.

Lou stared at her in silence, seeming to slowly connect the dots. Nolan still was left in the dark.

He hated to see others argue, especially two dolls that he knew. But alas, this seemed to be personal between the two, and butting in would probably not be the best idea if he has no clue what's going on.

Lou suddenly snapped out of his thoughts; eyes connected with Mandy's. He didn't seem angry though, no, in fact, the expression on his face seemed slightly concerned, almost as if he cared. "You don't mean--"