Chapter 3

The fire department comes one more time to set the fire out. They grab the students and teacher who survived the fire. Will walks around naked trying to find his friends. He goes through the rocks and finds that David and Bob have been killed.

"No!" He screams at the top of his lungs.

He cried and cries for the death of his friends. Why them he thinks, why did they have to die?

"What is wrong with me?" Will asks to himself.

"Hey!" Yells a voice.

Will turns around and looks to see who it is. It was one of the police officers.

"We known you were bad news when we found out about your case, your not normal, you have something that others don't have," he says. "Put your hands where I can see them now!"

Will puts his hands up and the police hand cuffs his hands behind his back.

"Get some clothes for this boy!" Yells the police officer.

Everyone looks at Will as the police officer puts him in his car and takes him away. Will sits there crying at the fact he was the cause of a lot of deaths. He knew he was dangerous and everyone was now afraid of him.
They take him to the juvenile center and put him in a cage with other teenagers.

Will's parents walk into the building,
"Will oh no! What happened?" Asks his mom.

"Something is wrong with me," replies Will.

"Don't worry, we will get you out of here," says his father.

Then one of the guards walks over to them.

"A man would like to speak to Will," he says. Then walks away.

A tall man comes over to them. He is tall with a bald head.

"Hello guys I am Xavier the second. I know what you are Will, and I can help you," he says.

"How will you help me?" Will says.

"My father was a founder of a program called the X-men. It is for students who have abilities to do something incredible that normal people can't do, we age mutants, you are a mutant Will," he says.

"Do you have the ability to control fire too?" Asks Will.

"No, I am telepathic, I am able to read people's minds and be able to control their mind," he says. "There are other kids just like you with extraordinary powers. I am asking you to come with me to New York and live with us and we can help you."

"No, Will has to stay here with his family," says Will's dad.

"Will is not safe here, he is in danger from the people, he must come to the X-men. You can save lives of people once you can control your powers a lot better Will," Xavier says.

Will thinks about it. If he goes with Xavier he can get better at his ability but if he doesn't, he will be in danger with everyone looking down at him and be in juvenile for a long time.

"I am gonna go with him," says Will

"But will," says Will's mom.

"Guys this is the only way for me to fit in with others who are just like me. I have to go with him," Will says.

"If that's what you want," says Wills dad "You can go with him."

Will's parents and Xavier bail Will out of juvenile.

"The X-men is in New York so you might not be coming back to Michigan for a long time," says Xavier.

"Okay," says Will.

Xavier takes Will and his parents outside of the juvenile center to a huge airplane. Will's heart pounds at the fright of leaving home and going to a new state and meeting new people.

"We love you will, just always know that," says his mom.

"Good luck son," says Will's dad.

"Thanks guys," will says as he hugs them crying.

He lets go of them and walks with Xavier to the airplane. Will waves to his parents and his parents wave back. He gets on the plane and sees a girl seating too and he takes a seat across from her.

She is short and has brown hair. Xavier sits next to Will and orders the pilot to take of for New York.

"Welcome to the team, I'm Janet," she says.

"Will," he says.

"Janet is one of our students at the X-men she is able to control ice and shape-shift into diamonds to make her more stronger and have more stamina," Xavier says.

"Yup, plus he can't read my mind or control me while I'm diamond form," she says.

"Pretty cool," Will says.

The airplane goes for a few more hours until they reach New York.

"We are here Will, this is the X-men," says Xavier.