Chapter 1: A fateful trip to Tokyo Disneyland!

Notes:

This came to me from a bizarre dream. Probably a sign that my brain has turned to mush after some crazy few weeks at work and the organising of global events. *sigh*

It's also likely that my brain has gone nuts between watching/reading Ghost Hunt and re-watching the anime (and reading the latest volume) of "Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun" (known in English as "Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun"). The result is that they both exist in the same universe.

This takes place during the time that Naru is back in England, and shortly after the fireworks festival in episode 12 of the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun anime.

It can be read as a stand-alone story. If you aren't terribly familiar with either show/manga, all you need to know is that the leading men of their lives (Kazuya Shibuya (Oliver Davis/ "Naru"/ "Noll") and Umetaro Nozaki) are dense with minimal understanding of girls who fancy them.

For simplicity's sake, I have kept the names of characters from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun as they tend to appear in the manga. I.e. Chiyo Sakura is most often referred to as Sakura, with few calling her Chiyo.

Disclaimer time:
Goes without saying, but as I don't want to get sued by lawyers at Disney, I do not own: Disney, its rides, Tokyo Disney or anything related to or associated with Disney.

I also don't own Ghost Hunt (by Fuyumi Ono) nor Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (by Izumi Tsubaki).

I have written this story for pure fun.

*****************

Part 1 (Ghost Hunt): SPRs Family Trip to Tokyo Disney

Excerpt from Chapter 7 of "Lonely Hearts":

*****************

Monk had taken it upon himself to act as an honorary father figure, while Yasu had taken on the role of her honorary brother. As a result, they spoke fairly frequently about Mai's wellbeing.

Monk, along with Yasu, had realised that with Mai's birthday so close and the unavailability for trips the previous two months, a golden opportunity presented itself. The previous year had been spent closing up a case and she had conveniently forgotten to tell anyone. They wouldn't want to pass it up this year.

Yasu had noticed that Mai had been looking a bit blue and he could hazard a guess as to what was the cause behind it - it marked her first birthday without Naru around to make a tea–related comment.

It was with that resolve that Yasu and Monk texted their "secret" chat group, which was made up of themselves, Masako, Ayako, and John. (Mai was fully aware of the text group's existence, although pretended not to know about it as she knew it was where Yasu and Monk planned their crazy schemes.)

When they were all seated at Maidreamin' cafe, Ayako asked "So, care to tell us what crazy plan you've both cooked up? You're acting like a pair of over excited Golden Retrievers!"

"We need to combine three trips into one massive one. It would be the perfect opportunity to give her an incredible birthday! We've all missed out two bonding trips so let's brainstorm! She's been looking a bit blue."

John spoke up first, "Do you think it's because of Naru? Or lack of him I suppose?"

Masako added that it was possible, considering the gifts they had exchanged. She said to the group, "I'm concerned that he may be stringing her along, perhaps unknowingly. Yasu, you speak with Madoka the most. What's your take on this?"

Without missing a beat Yasu replied, "Big Boss definitely has feelings for her. He's just dense and unsure how to act or proceed. From what I know, he's never been in any sort of relationship, and the only frame of reference he knows is what his brother had been like. Given the fact that Mai is turning 19 in a few weeks and he's 20, he probably doesn't want to use any of the 'techniques' Gene had used when he was 16 or something."

They spent the next few hours debating. Eventually Ayako presented the notes she had been taking.

"So it's agreed. We can start at the mountainside resort and spa to help her unwind after spending so much time studying. John - we like your idea of taking her to 'Shuzenji Niji-no-Sato', although I hope the theming doesn't just make her think of him too much? Monk, Yasu... are you sure you aren't just suggesting this for your own sake?"

Yasu and Monk only looked slightly offended but remained quiet. Masako spoke up, "I agree with Monk and Yasu. We should surprise her with a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. It's somewhere she has always wanted to visit, and it's a place that hasn't involved Naru. It's a chance for her to make nice memories that will hopefully ease her heartache."

From there they began ironing out more details and eventually reached the conclusion that their Disney trip, which would be the final leg of their journey, should be held the day before Mai's birthday.

John and Masako looked at each other before she asked, "What's your reasoning Yasu? Why not on her birthday?"

He grinned at the group, "Well... a little pink-haired birdy told me that a certain tall man saw Big Boss looking at flower arrangements from some shops located in Japan that did deliveries while looking at his calendar. Specifically July 3rd. I'd hate for Mai to miss a potential delivery."

As they finished their drinks Yasu raised a very valid concern that they had all forgotten to consider. "Hmm... how are we going to get Mai to Disneyland without giving it away? We can't really kidnap her and not give away where we're going." The group all looked at him.

Monk murmured "Oh crap. That's a good point..."

*****************

Part 2 (月刊少女野崎くん): Nozaki-kun's Research Mission!

(L to R: Nozaki, Sakura, Mikorin, Hori, Kashima, Seo, Wakamatsu)

"Ahhh Sakura... do you remember when I got those unhelpful pictures from Maeno? I need to get some new ones for an upcoming chapter. Pictures that actually show things, and not his face. Where can we go?"

Sakura sat quietly for a while thinking over the different places she had been which would be good for settings.

"Hmmm... It depends if you want it to be a trip for all of us, or just to a local fair. If we all go out, we could make it a proper outing and go to Disney!"

Nozaki said after a few moments, "I got some good pictures at the festival a few months ago. I'll text Mikorin and Hori, and see if they want to go."

She bounced on the cushion in excitement, "I'll text Kashima and Seo!"

Within 30 minutes, they both received texts from the group agreeing to go to Disney as it would be fun. Nozaki and Sakura looked at the calendar on his wall, "We have the deadline in mid-July. How about we go on the 2nd of July?"

"We'll need to plan this out if we want to get all the information we need in time for the deadline." Nozaki said to Sakura as they looked at the map.

"We'll also need to make time for having fun! Maybe we could even get some pictures with characters!!!" Sakura said excitedly as she thought, 'Could this be a chance for me to spend some time alone with Nozaki? Maybe sit together on rides?'

Nozaki remained oblivious as always.