The Meeting

Majima was left stunned in his hiding spot. He could only stand there, looking like an idiot. He didn't expect this. Not a single bit.

*Brrrr brrrr*

"A-ah?" Majima finally snapped out of his trance, realizing that he was supposed to still be in hiding. He bent lower after quickly checking his surroundings. He picked up his phone, and;

"W-what is it?"

"Where are you now, Majima-san?" A familiar voice sounded from the other side of the phone.

"I'm preparin' my surprise on Kiryu-chan." Majima then looked down before replying impatiently. "What do ya want?"

"I just wanted to inform you that Tachibana-san, the manager from the bar we recently bought up, has told me that Kiryu-san's first night at the bar was very successful." Nishida responded nonchalantly, as though already used to his boss's tone.

Majima fidgeted in his spot and clicked his tongue. "I know that already."

"Oh? You do?" Nishida's voice sounded surprised only for a moment, and seemingly knowing the reason why, then said, "...I see. Then I will hang up here."

Majima put his phone back into his pocket and saw his current state again. "Haaahh..." Letting out a sigh, he thought about how he should solve this problem of his right now. He can't possibly think of surprising Kiryu with him pitching a tent in his pants, can he?!

He rubbed his face in frustration. With his hand still covering his face, his eyes became determined. I gotta meet with Kiryu-chan! Not as his stal- I mean, rival, but as his boss! As though he has found the meaning of his life, he walked out of his hiding spot and proceeded to call Nishida again.

**

It is the day.

The day when Kiryu will meet with his boss from the bar. He was asked to meet at Bantam (previously known as Bacchus) and arrived not too long ago. However, something was not right. There were no customers other than him in the bar, not even the bartender.

I should probably confirm with Tachibana whether I got the right place. As soon as he looked down to dial Tachibana's number, he heard a voice in front of him. "Good evening, sir. I sincerely apologise for the wait. What can I get you?"

"Let's see..." Kiryu looked up and immediately, a scowl appeared on his face. "Majima-san..."

Majima, who was wearing formal attire and standing on the other side of the counter, smiled. "Hiya, Kiryu-chan! It's been a while." Even though his tone was friendly, his posture was still respectful.

Kiryu sighed. "Majima-san, what are you doing here? I don't have the time to fight you right now." To think that Majima would appear at this time, Kiryu wasn't feeling very happy. He was afraid this might portray a wrong impression of him to his boss. Though not entirely wrong. Keeping his frown on, he tried to negotiate with Majima. "Nii-san, can we postpone this fight till later? I've got something important to do now."

Majima tilted his head, looking confused. "What ya talkin' 'bout, Kiryu-chan? This is important."

Kiryu instantly felt a headache, holding his head with his hand. There's no reasoning with Majima-san. I should've known. "Look, Majima-san. I have to meet my boss now, so I really can't miss this. I promise I'll make it up to you, so can you let me go just this one time?"

Majima stared at Kiryu for a while, then shrugged. "All right, just this once since ya practically beggin'. Can't say no ta Kiryu-chan when he's like that."

...

"...Majima-san? Aren't you... leaving?" Kiryu's heart shook a little, thinking that Majima might just decide to join in the meeting.

"Why should I leave?"

Hearing this, Kiryu was uncertain whether he should be the one to leave. "Then... I guess I should leave." Well, I can just ask Tachibana to change the meeting place. Kiryu got up, only to have his wrist held by Majima. He looked back at Majima, and before he even got to open his mouth. Majima asked, "Where ya goin'?"

"Huh?" Kiryu was confused. Why was Majima stopping him from leaving and asking him where he was going? Didn't he agree to let him go already? "I have to go meet my boss, so I gotta leave." Since you're here.

"But I'm right here." Majima cocked one of his eyebrows, unable to understand why Kiryu was leaving.

"Huh?" Kiryu was even more confused and felt a little annoyed. "That's exactly why I'm leaving. I can't have you with me when I'm meeting with my boss, can I?"

*Ring ring*

Suddenly, a ringtone cut through the silence (and a little bit of tension). It was coming from Kiryu.

"Sorry, Majima-san. I have to answer my phone." Kiryu spoke and looked down at his grabbed wrist.

"O-oh, sorry." Majima let go, puzzled as to why he would hold onto Kiryu's wrist.

After Kiryu's wrist was freed, he picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Hello? Kiryu-san? This is Tachibana."

"Yeah, I know. What's wrong?"

"Have you met with the boss? I've heard from his secretary that the boss has already reached the appointed place."

(lets just make Nishida a secretary here, alright? Since the work he does already considers as secretary work)

"He did?" Kiryu stared at the door entrance, expecting it to open but it remained closed. "But I don't see him."

"Eh? But the boss is hard to miss! He wears an eye patch, has short bowl haircut, and gives off an intimidating air. Could it be you're at the wrong place?"

When Kiryu heard the description of his boss, he immediately turned and looked at Majima. Majima was just standing there, behind the counter, playing with the glasses and bottles. Though late, a realization dawned on Kiryu. He sighed, "No... I think I got the right place. And yes, I've met up with him."

"Oh! Is that right? All right, then I won't bother you any longer. Good luck, Kiryu-san!"

"Y-yeah, thanks." Kiryu weakly hung up his phone and stared at Majima.

Majima noticed a burning gaze from Kiryu and turned his attention to him. "Oh? Ya done with yer call?"

"Yeah..." Kiryu sighed again. "Majima-san."

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Tell ya what?"

"Told me that you were my boss."

Majima paused for a bit, then, "Ahhh... right... Hmm... that was my surprise for ya, Kiryu-chan!" He acted as though he forgot about it, but he remembered. Why wouldn't he? That night when he saw Kiryu on stage, dancing, seducing, and incredibly intoxicating. And that was also when Majima junior sprang awake from Kiryu's actions. What a night it was.

Kiryu shook his head lightly. "You should've told me. So that I wouldn't... wouldn't..." And he trailed off.

"Wouldn't what?"

"...wouldn't act like an ass... and see you as a nuisance..." Kiryu drooped his head while he sat back down slowly.

It was Majima's first time seeing Kiryu feeling down. Because of him too. Nope. Not a good feeling. Absolutely and definitely not. Wanting to make Kiryu feel better, he shrugged. "Well, it's not like I ain't one."

"..." No sign of positive response from Kiryu.

Shit! Mission failed! Majima winced a little, crying out in his heart.