⛅️ A Different Ending: Ayato x Info-Kun

Ayato gasped out little puffs of air, hands gripping onto his knees as he looked up at the hill that had the famous cherry blossom tree sat atop it.

He could clearly see two figures under the tree, pink blossoms of all shades falling around them.

He moved around to the side of the hill to get a better look at who the two were.

And then he had realised when he saw the pair, he was too late.

"Budo... I- I love you too!"

Ayato's heart smashed into millions of broken little pieces as he stared at the happy pair hugging at the cherry blossom tree.

He felt his knees slowly give out, collapsing onto the spiky, green grass below him as Taeko and Budo walked hand in hand down the hill with smiles plastered onto their faces.

It wasn't meant to be like this.

He curled his shaky hands into fists as his eyes went glossy with tears.

Not at all.

He couldn't believe that he lost her, the only person in the world that was meant to save him, that was meant to fix him.

And now she was gone, just like that.

And now he'd be stuck like this for as long as he lived.

That's right.

He knew what he needed to do.

Slowly, on trembling legs he got up, wiping his eyes and erasing any tears that had crawled down his pale cheeks.

He put his hands in his pockets, staring down at the floor below as he walked back into the school.

He let his feet carry him to where he needed to go.

He didn't want to live like this forever.

And there was only one way to change that.

He stopped in front of the cooking club, the clubs' activities had just finished and the room was empty when he opened the door.

He stared at the glimmering knife that sat on the pink counters, it shone in the light, like it was calling to him.

He picked it up slowly.

Not here.

He wanted to stare at something nice as he lay there.

His dark and sorrow thoughts plagued him as he walked up the stairs, stopping when he reached the rooftop.

He walked out of the wing of the building and leaned against one of the railings.

The sky was beautiful today, lovely oranges, yellows, reds and purples colliding to show  that it was becoming dusk.

He gripped the knife tighter, holding it up to his throat.

And just when he was about to slice his throat open, like he had done to others so many times before, he felt a figure against him and holding his wrist tightly.

"Well, what do we have here?" Ayato recognised the cocky voice to be Info-Kun.

Ayato tried to turn around to face the redhead, the action proving to be difficult with Info-Kun pressed against him.

"What are you doing here?" Ayato replied dimly, finally able to turn around and push Info-Kun back and away from him, the other student just put his hands up in mock defence with a smirk.

"I'm guessing your dear Taeko has found someone else?" He smirked, long, dark red hair flowing in the wind and Ayato's brows furrowed, remembering the scene that brought him here in the first place.

"What did you think would happen, Ayato? That she'd accept the confession of a guy whose never talked to her?" Info-Kun groaned, slowly walking closer to Ayato, whose gaze had descended to the floor.

It was silly now that Info-Kun had asked it so blatantly.

He didn't know what he expected to happen.

"I don't get why you chase after someone who will never see you, dear." Info-Kun walked closer to the unknowing Ayato before he was right in front of him, hand caressing his wrist that was tightly holding onto the knife.

"When you could have the person right in front of you." He suddenly grabbed onto the knife that Ayato was squeezing, grasping the sharp object and throwing it to the ground, the knife making a deafening clang as it hit the floor.

"I... don't understand..." Ayato whispered, confused at the situation he found himself in.

"I've waited so long, went through so many resets and heartbreaks for you to realise that Taeko isn't worth it."

This had confused Ayato even more, resets?

Info-Kun caressed his cheek sadly, staring into Ayato's glossy eyes.

"And I can't wait anymore... I'm so sick of that sight, seeing you all bloodied and-." Info-Kun's breath hitched as he felt Ayato wipe away the tears that had started to fall down his cheeks.

Ayato didn't know what was going on, he had no clue what Info-Kun was blabbering on about, but he did know one thing.

He didn't like seeing Info-Kun cry.

Why? He wasn't too sure why.

Perhaps he's just grown accustom to Info-Kun, maybe he even cares about him to an extent.

All thoughts of Taeko had abandoned his mind, it soon became filled with Info-Kun.

But he didn't know why.

"I... don't know how to feel right now, at all, really." Ayato mumbled as he held Info-Kun's face in his hands, the other student caging him against the railings and hold his waist in response.

"But... I feel- different with you..." Ayato stared up at Info-Kun, whose red glasses were slightly crooked from Ayato wiping his tears away.

The redhead just chuckled, moving his head to be in the crook of Ayato's neck, his hands moving to his back as he enveloped him in a tight hug.

"I can work with that..." He mumbled and the two just stood there, slowly, Ayato also moved his arms to hold onto Info-Kun's back, those arms moving to his neck when Info-Kun looked back at Ayato.

Their faces were inches apart.

And then, without hesitation, Info-Kun closed the distance, their lips locking together softly.

And Ayato kissed back just as softly.