~ a disaster date 2 ~

Start from the beginning

Umeed clutched the collar of his shirt tightly, bringing his face to her level, fire in her eyes as she stared dead into his. 

"Aag laga deti"

He chewed out her words. Farjaad's eyes went wide with amusement, lips turning into a smile, and then a full blown laugh.

"Aap hass rahay hein mujh pe? Aap ko lag raha hai mein mazaaq kar rahi hoon?"

Umeed crossed her arms over her chest, and narrowed her eyes on his audacity. 

"Nahi, mujhe pata hai aap ye qaabliyat bilkul rakhti hein. Balkay is se buhat aur zyada ki bhi capacity hai aap mein."

"Phir hass kyun rahay hein?"

"Kyun ke tum itni cute ho, mein kya karoon?"

Farjaad jokingly pinched her cheeks, making Umeed swat his arm away. Farjaad finally controlled his laughter, and stretched his arm in front of her.

"Acha chalo aao"

"Kahan?"

"Bhook lag rahi hai buhat sakht"

As she held his hand, she took a good look at him for the first time all day. His nose was all red and his hands warmer than usual. Just as she was about to ask him, she saw the breakfast spread out in front of her. A small dining table was set up in the patio, looking towards the sea. It was topped with omelettes, sausages, and toasted bread, along with french toast and fresh juice. 

Umeed raised an eyebrow as she looked at him but got only a nonchalant shurg in response as he pulled back the chair for her. Umeed kept noting him intently throughout breakfast, his nose was runny and he kept occasionally coughing and sneezing. 

As they were standing in the balcony with their cups of chai and coffee after breakfast, Umeed finally asked him. 

"Farjaad, aap ki tabiyat to theek hai."

"Haan, meri tabyat ko kya hona hai? Bilkul theek hoon mein."

Umeed didn't buy any of it. He looked sicker than he did a while back. She brought her hand to his forehead, and that confirmed it - he was burning. Umeed quickly placed her mug on the table and checked other parts of his body.

"Aap ko to itna taez bukhaar hai, aur aap keh rahay hein ke aap theek hein? Aur ye subah se aap kharay naashta bana rahay hein? Ya Allah, andar chalein aap, baahir pehle hi thand hai."

She dragged him back into the room, closing the balcony door behind her tightly. She then practically pushed him on the bed and tucked him in the blanket. Farjaad kept silently observing this, partially because her concern was too endearing to him, and partially because it was all happening so quickly, he couldn't register her actions. 

"Mein aap ke liye dawai laoon? Nahiii, yahan to dawaiyan pata nahi hon gi ke nahi. Soup bana deti hoon? Nahi, abhi to nashta kiya hai. Mein aisay karti hoon, joshanda bana laati hoon. Haan joshanda theek rahay ga - "

As she turned around to leave, Farjaad held her by the wrist, stopping her in her tracks. 

"Umeed, theek hoon mein. Tum yahan betho, mere saamnay, aur kuch nahi chahiye."

Umeed bit her lip, unsure about it. She kept thinking of what to do to make him feel better. 

"Umeed, betho!"

He practically pulled her, forcing her to sit in front of him. He held her hand tightly in his own. 

"Pehli baat to ye ke mein theek hoon, bas halka sa bukhaar aur flu hai, theek ho jaye ga. Aur doosra ye ke kisi dawa ya soup se zyada mujhe tumhara saath theek kar sakta hai. Tum yaheen bethi raho, mein khudi theek ho jaaon ga."