01.

ariana groaned, slamming her hand on the alarm clock

ariana groaned, slamming her hand on the alarm clock. she squirmed and rolled over on her bed, hoping to get a few minutes of sleep. but it was short lived as her mother pried the door opened, letting it slam against the wall.

-"ariana, you're gonna be late. get up, now." ariana sighed, adjusting her eyes to the brightness coming through the window. she reached for her phone, just to realize that the charger was never plugged in correctly. she only had two percent left. she stood up, plugging her phone and resting it on the side table. she rubbed her eyes, walking towards her bathroom.

she stared at her under eye bags, they were particularly prominent that morning. that being because she spent the night before working on her and many more cars at han's garage. she sighed, removing her clothes before stepping into the shower. she let the water run down her face, hoping that would wake her up faster. and it did.

she brushed her hair, tucking it on one side behind her ear before fixing her tie. she applied lip gloss on her lips, rubbing the cherry-colored substance together. she grabbed her backpack and rushed her way down the stairs. grabbing her water bottle before making her way down the door, hearing a car revving near her driveway.

-"i'm leaving, mom. see you later." ariana said, putting her hand on the doorknob.

-"wait, wait for me. i have a late shift today, get home safe." her mom kissed her cheeks multiple times, before ariana pulled away.

-"i will, mom." she closed her door on the way out. the nissan fairlady z waiting for her, shinning underneath the sun. neela rolled the window down while smiling at ariana.

-"wow, neela. how did takashi let you take his car, he barely lets me work on it." ariana opened the door to the passenger seat, taking in the sights of the car before closing it.

-"just how han lets you drive mona. i have my ways." neela smirked before putting car in drive and heading towards the school. ariana thought about what neela said. how han let's her drive his car, mona lisa. she didn't feel as if it was a privilege, she had worked on that car just as much as han. she deserved to. it was practically her baby.

ariana and neela made their way to the classroom, sitting next to each other just before the bell rang. she took out her notebook and her textbook, her teacher not hesitating to start the lesson. as much as she could try to pay attention it never worked. she fiddled with her pen, attempting to focus. regardless, her mind always drifted to someplace else, cars. she found herself doodling in her notebook, many sketches for her cars were made on her school notebooks. it kept her busy.

a guy walked through the classroom, capturing everyone's attention. tokyo was a busy city, but somehow everyone knew each other. he definitely wasn't from here. ariana definitely didn't know him. ariana watched at how the scene in front of her unfolded. watching the guy who clearly didn't speak japanese, struggle.

-"wrong train. i'm new here." the guy had a thick accent; he would stand out anywhere he spoke. he gave the teacher a note, before swallowing the lump in his throat. the teacher acknowledged where he was from, giving him a sweet smile.