Chapter 28: Domination and Compromise

Adan

"When I get you inside, I'm going to spank that little ass of yours." My cock hardened at the thought.

"Like hell you will!" There was nothing more beautiful than an angry woman.

"Out of my way!" she ordered her guards. They looked up at me and I nodded, and they opened the door for her, letting her go inside. Then she slammed the door closed behind her.

I laughed, knowing two could play that game. I went through my suite, flung open her door, and pulled her across my lap.

"Get the fuck off me!" she screamed, kicking and screaming.

But I held her firmly on my lap. "I told you I was going to spank that little ass of yours and that's exactly what I'm going to do." I reared back my hand and let it fly, landing it squarely on her ass as it resounded throughout her suite.

"Ow!" she screamed, kicking her feet and flailing her arms. "Let me go!"

I spanked her ass again, then again, until she stopped fighting me and she lay limp over my lap. Then I realized I had gone too far. She was crying. I lifted her into my arms and sat her on my lap, then I rocked her back and forth, letting my anger subside, too.

"Brenna, what is it you want?"

"Freedom and respect. Just like you." She sniffled, narrowing her eyes. "Now. Let. Me. Go. And remember. Whatever you do to me, I'm going to do to you." Her eyes never wavered. Obviously, she wasn't used to submitting.

I grabbed her before she could jump off my lap and flipped her over onto the bed, holding her arms firmly to the bed. "And do you want to know what I want?" I waited for her eyes to meet mine and to stop struggling, wanting her more now than I've ever wanted anyone in my life.

She shrugged, trying to appear confident. "I'm sure you're going to tell me."

"I want a Queen and a Mate who knows how to behave in public. Someone who will respect me as her Alpha and Mate."

The pheromones coming off her wafted toward me, telling me she was aroused. "Then you had better start treating me as an equal." She tilted her head to the side as a sly smile spread across her luscious lips. "If you want respect, you'll have to earn it. Respect is not given freely to anyone. You can forget about using fear as a tactic against me because I'll never be afraid of you. I think I proved that tonight."

I chuckled, liking her tenacity. "Oh, honey. If you only knew what I'm capable of, you wouldn't be saying that right now. You would be very afraid."

She raised her chin as she looked into my eyes. "And you have no idea of what I'm capable." Her smile faded. "Now. Get off me...." She shrugged as a smile lit her lips and she stopped struggling. "Unless you'd like more of what you got outside the restaurant." At that moment, I realized my balls was lined up perfectly with her knees.

"Never do that to me again."

She shrugged. "Then stop grabbing my hair and ordering me around." She lifted her head, her lips mere inches from mine. "I'm smart and have ideas of my own. And if you were smart, you'd utilize them for the good of the Pack. Now. Get off me before I do more to you than racking you up."

Without thinking, I grabbed her hair and pulled her head back as my lips slammed into hers, my cock rubbing her sex through our clothes. She pounded her fists against my back, but I held her close as my lips groped hers. My inner wolf growled, wanting me to make her my Mate. But as soon as she relaxed into my arms and rubbed against my cock, giving into pleasure, I let her go, smiling as I got off up and stepped away from the bed.

"That's what you have to look forward to... once you submit." I chuckled as I walked out of her room and headed into my suite.

"You bastard!"

I quickly flipped around and marched back to her, crawling across the bed toward her as she backed against the wall. "No one calls my mother a whore. Not even you." I stared at her for a long moment, and then slid off the bed and headed back to my room. I looked outside her door and her guards were still standing outside her room. "Don't let her leave tonight."

"Aye," they both said in unison.

"You son of a bitch, bastard, prick," she yelled from inside her room.

Inside my room, I slammed the door closed. Then I headed straight for the bar, poured myself a drink, and downed it. How could a woman be so infuriating and alluring at the same time? I wanted her more than life itself, craved her, but she angered me to no end. Even when I fuck her, it isn't enough. She always leaves me wanting more.

My wolf wanted to barge through the adjoining door and claim what was rightfully ours against her will, but I won't claim her until she was ready to become my Mate. She would have to live with that for the rest of her life, knowing I had forced her to submit, and she'd hate me for it.

Instead, I downed another glass and headed toward the shower, stripping off my clothes the whole way.

Before the water was hot, I stepped into the shower, soaped up my palm, and ran it up and down my shaft. I closed my eyes, imagining I was fucking her in the car again, pounding inside her until she was raw. A second later, my seed spilled over my hand and washed down the drain, but that wasn't nearly enough.

I soaped up my hand again and went back to work, imagining I had tied her to her bed and was fucking her, giving and taking pleasure. It took three times before I finally started to feel some relief. One thing was sure. I was going to have to win her over and soon.

After my shower, I didn't bother with clothes and headed straight to bed. As I tried to relax, my mind wandered to what Brenna had said about wanting to work with the young warriors. After all, it wasn't like they would see any real battle, so neither would she.

But if I allowed it, I would make a stipulation that she never engage in battle unless it was necessary to defend herself.

I rolled over, feeling much better than I had. I wasn't caving in to her, I told myself, just reaching a compromise. Maybe that was what it was going to take. Maybe compromise was the answer. That way, we both got what we wanted. She was so much younger than me, and I was old school. It was going to take a lot for me to bend. But if I wanted her as my Mate, that was precisely what I would have to do.

***

"What do you mean I can't leave?"

I was immediately on alert when I heard Brenna's voice bellowing from the hallway.

"I could just go if I wanted to, and you can't stop me!"

Maybe they couldn't, but I could. Without bothering with clothes, I stormed through my suite and threw the door open. "Brenna, get back inside. I want to talk."

"Well, I don't!" She shot me a look, staring daggers into my eyes. In the Pack, nudity was to be expected, although never in the castle. But this was an exception. "Tell these brutes to let me pass."

I ran my hands through my hair, studying her. Then I gently took her hand and led her back into her room, closing the door behind us.

"Now," I began, my voice calm. "I'm only going to tell you this once. I'll order us some breakfast and will get dressed, and then we'll talk. But you're not leaving this room until we do."

Then I stormed through the adjoining door and slammed it closed, wondering how I was ever going to survive her.

After calming down and ordering a hearty breakfast—which I was going to need—I quickly showered again and dressed.

When I was ready, I headed toward the adjoining door but nearly ran into it face first when it didn't open. "Oh, hell no!" I kicked the door open, and it slammed against the wall as I stared into her stunned face. "Never lock a door to me again."