Chapter 27: Taming His Mate

Adan

After we finished our meal, I paid the bill.

"Come again!" Lucian Sky said behind us. "It was a pleasure to meet you both."

"The pleasure was ours. I assure you." I placed my hand on Brenna's back and we headed out. My men near the door came out of the shadows and silently followed behind.

"Leave us," I said to my men, looking directly into Brenna's eyes.

"Aye!" both men said in unison and went to stand beside the limo.

"Do not ever challenge me in public again," I growled, keeping my voice low. "You'll learn I can give you extreme pleasure or extreme pain. It's your choice."

She narrowed her eyes as she took a step closer. "And you will learn that I am your equal. Nothing more. Nothing less. I will not be ordered around by anyone, including you." She started to walk away, but I grabbed her arm.

"Never walk away from me," I growled, keeping my voice low.

She looked up, lifting her chin. "Watch me." Then she headed toward the limo, leaving me behind.

I clenched my jaw as I walked behind her, catching her before she got to the car. I grabbed a chunk of her hair and pulled her head back. "Never speak to me that way again."

"I will speak to you any way I wish."

I chuckled. "Oh yeah? You're not in any position to talk, little lady."

A devilish grin spread across her lips as she pulled her knee up abruptly, hitting me right square in the groin as pain ripped through my body. I doubled over, moaning as I held my balls.

The men chuckled.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?" I growled, trying to regain my composure.

They turned away, suppressing their smiles.

"Get in the fucking car!" I yelled at Brenna. "You will do well to remember that I am your Alpha and your Mate!"

A broad grin spread across her face. "No, you're not. Not yet."

She turned and headed back toward the restaurant.

"Bring her back!" My eyes flared, not caring who saw.

"Aye!" Wyatt yelled, his eyes wide as he ran toward her and swept her into his arms.

"Let me you, you fucking brute!" she screamed, kicking and flailing her arms when I saw her eyes flash a bright green. She was going to morph.

"No! Don't do it here!" I yelled, running toward them, grabbing her out of Wyatt's arms. "Not in front of the humans."

"Hey, Don Cole!" I turned around, holding Brenna over my shoulder, and Don Sky was smiling as he held the door open. People watched from the windows. "Is everything all right?"

"It's fine. Just a little misunderstanding. Thanks for your concern." I turned and headed back to the waiting limo with Brenna kicking and screaming the whole way.

"You have yourself a real hellcat there!" Lucian chuckled behind me. "Good luck!"

Without saying a word, I slipped into the car, holding her on my lap as Wyatt closed the door behind us. He was in the front passenger seat a moment later.

"Never! I mean, never embarrass me like that again!" I yelled, throwing her into the seat beside me. Then I grabbed her hair and pulled her back again. "You're damn lucky that we were in front of the humans, or I would have spanked your ass right then and there for that little stunt."