Chapter 25: Caged

Adan

"Come in," Brenna said from the other side, her voice a bit shaky.

My heart fell as I quickly pulled the door open, nearly ripping it off its hinges, afraid something had happened to her on her first day here. But I froze when I saw her. She wore a beige dress that showed off all her curves in the right places, and her dark, brunette hair fell over her shoulders into gorgeous waves. Her makeup was subtle, and she wore matching beige high heels—very elegant.

"You look gorgeous." My feet moved of their own accord as I stepped into the room and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her to me. "I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful woman in my life."

A slight blush colored her cheeks. "Thank you."

"Would you care to dine with me tonight?"

"Of course." She chuckled, obviously pleased by my reaction. "Asana and her people came to see me today. We made a day of it."

"Well, you look fabulous." I took her newly manicured hand, her nails painted red, and kissed it. "Give me a minute to shower, and I'll take you out."

A smile lit her lips. "That would be wonderful."

One corner of my lips curled into a smile. "I would say that we could eat here or in the main dining hall, but I want to take you out and show you off."

She smiled as she reached up and gently kissed my cheek. "I'll be here."

I nodded. "Why don't you pour us some wine, and I'll be right back?"

"Sounds good."

I headed into my suite, closed the door behind me, and started stripping off my clothes before I even had the shower turned on. Once the water was warm, I soaped up my hand and slid it up and down my cock as I braced myself against the shower wall, unable to wait. I imagined I was making love to Brenna. As the water ran over my body, I imagined being with her under a waterfall in Tahiti and pushing into her. It didn't take long, and I erupted into orgasm. I had been tempted to take her right then and there as soon as I saw her. Forget dinner. I would have gladly made a meal out of her.

I could have gone again when I was finished, but I didn't want to keep her waiting. The promise of making love to her later held me over.

As I finished my shower, I knew she had me so worked up that I wouldn't have been able to make it through the evening without taking her and claiming her if I hadn't taken matters into my own hands, so to speak. My wolf growled appreciatively at the prospect.

I quickly stepped out, wrapped a towel around my waist, and headed straight for my dressing room. After combing through the rack, I settled on a dark gray suit with a dark blue dress shirt but left the top buttons open, opting to go without the tie. I ran my fingers through my dark brown hair and knocked on her door a moment later.

When she opened it, Brenna handed me a glass of wine and had one for herself, too.

"Would you like to sit down?" She indicated the dining table.

I felt like a teenager going on a date with the hottest girl in school, although I wasn't sure why. I had been an adult for more years than I could count but being with her was different.

"That would be nice. After you." Placing my hand on her back, I led her to the table and set down my wine. "Please. Allow me." I held her chair, pushed it in as she sat, and took the seat across from her. I could sit there all night, basking in her beauty, but I didn't want to keep her out too late. "So, were you able to catch up on your rest? I asked Asana not to disturb you until the afternoon."

"Yes, thank you." She chuckled. "In fact, I fell asleep on the sofa after you left and didn't wake until two o'clock."

My eyes widened. "This afternoon?"

She nodded. "'Fraid so."

I smiled as I reached across the table and held her hand. "Well, I'm glad you finally got some rest."

Her smile faded as she pulled back her hand. "I didn't sleep when I was in the cage, waiting to be sold."

Rage instantly filled my heart. "They kept you in a cage?"

Brenna shrugged. "It was more like a cell, but it had bars and was still a cage. I could see some of the other girls in their cells, too. Some were crying, and some were angry, slamming themselves against the bars until a doctor came and injected them. After that, they calmed down."

I nodded, trying to control my anger. "I spoke with Fletcher Reed today and told him he needed to disband his sex trafficking business or else there would be hell to pay."

Brenna nodded, looking down at our hands. Then she looked into my eyes. "Thank you."

I tilted my head to the side, watching as sorrow filled her eyes. "Tell me. Do you have any idea why the Alpha attacked your Pack?"

She slowly shook her head. "I don't. My father was a good man. Even though he posed as a Mafia Don, he was truly an Alpha and ran the Pack with justice."

"I always respected your father."

Her head snapped up. "You knew him?"

I nodded. "Not well, but we attended the meetings of the Pack and had a good rapport."

She sighed. "My father never tortured people like I heard other Dons do."

"Some do, but some don't." I shrugged. "Once you get to know people, you begin to understand them."

"Well, my father tried to keep me away from the other Mafia Families and out of the limelight. I mainly had dealings with people within my Pack."

"That was probably why we never met before now." I nodded, understanding. If I had a daughter as beautiful and kind as Brenna, I would have done the same thing. "So, did you have a boyfriend or anyone special in your Pack?"

She slowly shook her head. "No. I guess I was looking for my Mate."

I lifted her hand to my lips and kissed it. "So was I." I drank the rest of my wine. "Shall we? But if you're too tired to go out tonight, I'll order in."

She took another sip of her wine as she rose to her feet and pushed in her chair, and I did the same.

"No. I'm ready." She smiled. "Just let me get my purse."

"Take your time." I watched her hips sway as she walked across the suite and into her bedroom... all woman. I had to restrain myself to keep from following her in. But she came out a moment later with a beaded handbag that matched her dress perfectly. "Remind me to thank Asana later. You look exquisite."

"Thank you. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time." A beautiful shade of pink colored her cheeks.

"Good." I offered her my arm. "Shall we?"

She nodded, smiling as she took my arm. "So, where are we going?"

I didn't answer her as we headed out of her suite, and I made sure the doors of both our suites were locked. Two guards were standing on either side. "We're going out. Take a break but be back here in two hours."

"Aye!" they both said in unison.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and led her down the hallway. "So, do you like Italian cuisine?"

She nodded, smiling. "I love it."

"Then, I know just the place."

***

A/N: So, what do you think of the story so far? If you like it, please consider leaving a review. Thanks in advance! More to come!