Season 1 Chapter 1

Episode: The Vanishing of Will Byers

Aurora Lilia Harrington, better known as Rory, had it easy. She was popular, since her brother, Steve Harrington had paved the way. When you think of the word popular, it goes hand in hand with stuck up, and bitchy. But that wasn't Rory at all.

Even though Rory was popular, she still was loyal to her other friends, Will Byers, Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, and Mike Wheeler. Especially Mike Wheeler. You could say Rory was "head over heels" for the young boy.

It was a typical school night. Sunday November 6th 1983, to be exact. Mike, Rory, Lucas, Will, Dustin and were all sitting at a table playing Dungeons and Dragons, the parties favorite
game. While Rory didn't play it, it was still fun to watch the boys play.

All the boys have important roles on the game. Lucas is a Knight, Dustin is a Dwarf, Will is a Wizard (Will the Wise) and Mike is the Dungeon Master, the heart of the group per say.

"Do you hear that? Listen... Something is coming...something hungry for blood..." declares Mike Wheeler.

"What is it?", questions Will.

"What if it's the Demogorgon? We're in deep shit if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin replies hastily.

"Guys, it's definitely not the Demogorgon." says Rory.

" Easy for you to say, you never even play." uttered Lucas, in a hushed tone.

" Hey, it's not Rory's fault. She's just tired from cheer practice." Mike stated.

Rory was cheer captain of Hawkins Middle School's Cheer Team. Lately she had missed AV Club, a lot, to help the new girls get settled. While this did upset Mike, he understood, and made time to sneak in an watch her practice.

Mike and Rory sat next to each other at the table, while holding hands, Mike gave hers a squeeze. She smiled and gave one back.

Being with the boys, mostly Mike, made her feel safe and comfortable.

After Mike announces that the monster is the Demogorgon, the boys fly into a hilarious rage.

Karen Wheeler, Mikes mom says the campaign is over and even though Mike tries to argue, she shuts him down.

The boys were searching for a dice, while Rory snoozed off quietly not even making a sound.

"Hey guys, is Rory wearing Mike's sweater?" Will questions.

"It's fine they probably suck faces after Rory's cheer practice behind the bleachers too." laughed Lucas.

But this didn't sit right with Will. He saw them hold hands under the table but didn't think anything of it. It wasn't jealousy he was feeling but confusion. Why did the other boys know before him? Was he that stupid or oblivious?

Rory soon woke up to hearing the boys mock a conversation, that never even happened, in front of her.

Dustin pranced around with blanket of his head, acting as Rory, "Hey Mike, wanna suck faces after class."

Lucas in a deep voice said, "Yes Rory I love you!", with a smirk.

Rory busted out laughing gaining the two boys attention.

When it was time to leave, Rory walked up the stairs to see Mike and his dad, Ted Wheeler trying to fix the TV. Catch sight of Rory walking out with Mike, Mrs Wheeler said, " If you need anything don't be afraid to call, tell Elise and Daniel I say hi."

" I will and thank you."

Will was waiting out front to say goodbye to Mike. Rory waited to say goodbye to Mike too but also tell him something personal.

See the thing about Rory is that her parents are rarely ever home due to business "issues". She usually stays at Will's home, and his mother is like her mother.

Cutting off the multi-color eye girl from her train of thought, Will said, It was a seven. The roll. It was a seven. The Demogorgon -- it got me. See you tomorrow."

Mike and Rory said their goodbyes to Will.

And there were two.

"You can sleep over if you really want, Rory."

"I do but you want me too, but you know how Steve is. Plus my mom and dad are gone and I do like the house quiet."

"Promise me you'll stay safe, won't fall asleep on the road and call me when you get home?"

"That's a lot of promises Mike but I will."

And that's exactly what she did.

727 words !!

Authors Note:

How's the first chapter? I revised and edited it so hopefully you guys like it! Ive been caught up with school and other things for the past few months so that's why there have been no updates on any of my books!  Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments, I'd love to answer you guys! Bye loves!