Chapter 10

Zoe's POV

We have slowly been clawing back Eastside's lead in the athletics. We have scored higher in the last three meets making their overall lead very small. I even managed to beat Tessa a couple of times. Phoebe has closed herself back up again. She is barely talking to me, let alone anyone else.

James is really happy with Becca. Becca seems like such a nice person. She left Olivia's group to join us and I think that she is generally a nice person. James is completely oblivious to the fact that Phoebe is closing everyone out. He notices that she is there and sometimes talk. To think they become fast friends in two days and two months later don't even talk. I haven't noticed him call her Marshmallow for a while.

Christmas and Winter break is coming around in a few weeks. We have had to cancel a few trainings due to snow. The last time that I spent time with Phoebe outside of school it was at her place and with Ryan but she still didn't open up that much. Definitely more than at school but not as much as she used to. The whole issue with my parents hasn't cleared. They didn't turn up to any of the meets since they said they might come.

 Phoebe's POV

Becca kept me inside the class again. Her fake nails dug moon shaped crescents into my arm.

"What do you want? I've stayed away from James. What more do you want?" I said.

"I want you to leave my group," she snapped.

"Is it your group now?" I asked stunned.

"Yes it is so leave bitch," she said shoving me out of the class before slamming the door in my face.

I stood in the hallway stunned for a second but I yanked the door back open again.

"I can see why James likes you, you have a really good fake personality," I said.

She jumped at me. She got my cheek and it wouldn't have hurt about from the fact that she had about five rings on her fingers that scrapped my skin. I stood there in shock for a second letting her take a couple of punches at me. I regained my thoughts and punched her. I had taken enough self-defence classes to know how to defend myself.

She stumbled backwards and sat down on one of the desks. I took the chance to escape. Becca tried to run after me but I slammed the door shut.

She was tugging at the door but I was leaning against it while sitting on the floor. I heard her scream in frustration and I got up and ran away.

I stared at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. My cheek was already starting to bruise and there were five red lines streaking my face. Pour water over my face didn't make it look any better. I slumped onto the floor and sat there. People came in and out as the class went on. No one sat down next to me and asked me if I was alright. I managed to convince myself to go to my next class. I ignored the stares that I received. I knew that my face looked strange but I didn't want all the looks from people assuming what had happened.

 I braved the cafeteria and sat down at what used to my usual table. Zoe was openly staring at me I scowled at her and she quickly turned her attention to her food. Becca had arrived before me and she had tears running down her face, probably fake.

I got a good look at her. She was wearing a black skirt that came out. She was wearing leggings that came down to her ankles with silver sparkles. She was then wearing a teal blue shirt with black jacket. Her hair was pulled back into a bun that must have been held with a lot of hairspray. If I didn't know her I would have said that she was really pretty.