Ophiophilist (Zhuzhi-Lang × Reader)

Words: 1143

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Y/N had loved reptiles ever since they could remember. They were fascinated by how their scales looked, how their eyes were, how they moved around, etc.

They owned a few reptiles that they had saved. Two house lizards they had found hurt once and took them home, one crocodile they found when it was just a small baby and five snakes that they took home after they were ordered to be killed due to being dangerous.

Y/N loved near a fairly large lake, their house was big enough, it was passed down by their family apparently. They didn't quite know as they were an orphan.

One day a few people came and told Y/N about the house and that it was in their name. So, Y/N started to live there at the age of 15.

The reptiles they owned were scary but had never attacked them. It seemed as if they knew that Y/N could be trusted.

Y/N's house was near Bai Lu forest as well. They would sometimes go there to hunt or collect plants.

One day however, they came across a wounded snake. It was fairly large, around ten feet long and two feet wide.

"Oh you poor thing!" Y/N exclaimed and approached the snake. The snake hissed at them. Y/N paid no mind to the hissing and simply got their medical devices out.

The injury looked like some animal had bit the snake very aggressively. Y/N washed the blood away and applied medicine all while the snake continued to hiss but couldn't move due to the pain.

After a while, Y/N had cleaned and bandaged the wound. They looked at the snake's face.

"Don't move around a lot and if you do then very slowly otherwise you'll start bleeding again" they warned and then left.

~~~

Y/N had been receiving baskets full of herbs, fruits and vegetables. They would always be there in front of the steps of their house.

'Who could give me these things?' They wondered as they took the basket inside to empty it out.

'The village is too far and nobody would go into Bai Lu forest in fear of the animals' they thought as they put the basket back outside.

They were going to turn around and go back inside when they heard rustling in the trees. They immediately picked up a stone and threw at the direction of the sound.

The stone was deflected by something. Y/N was ready to take out their knife to attack.

"Please don't hurt me..." They heard a meek voice. Y/N didn't lower their guard but decided to listen to the creature.

"Show yourself" they ordered. More rustling was heard and then in the shadows of the forest they saw brilliant yellowish-green eyes which had slit pupils.

"I shall show myself if you promise to not be afraid.." the creature said. Y/N nodded and smiled to make the creature feel at ease.

Slowly, Y/N saw the face and upper body of a man, but the lower body was that of a snake. They were shocked but also mesmerized.

"You're... beautiful.." Y/N muttered. The snake man blushed. Y/N approached the creature and looked at its tail.

"Your tail needs to be cleaned but your scales look extremely sturdy!" Y/N started in an excited voice.

They looked the man's face and by now their guard had been completely lowered.

"I'm Y/N! And you?" They asked.
"Zhuzhi-Lang..." the snake said.
"Nice to meet you! Come now I'll clean your tail!" Y/N said and took the other's hand to drag towards the lake.

Zhuzhi-Lang followed diligently. Y/N got a few gentle brushes and soap from their house while they told Zhuzhi-Lang to soak in the lake.

"Alright! Give me your tail, I'll make it shine like golden jewelry!" Y/N claimed. Zhuzhi-Lang had a small smile on their face.

They allowed Y/N to clean their tail and scales. A few times they had to stop from giggling because the brush tickled them.

~~~

"After three hours, all of your scales are shinning!" Mc said. Zhuzhi-Lang admired how clean their scales looked.

"Thank you" They said with a smile. Y/N nodded and invited Zhuzhi-Lang to eat with them.

That's how the two had met. Over time, they grew closer to each other and got married. All of Y/N's pets were invited in the marriage.

It was a peaceful span if time they spent together. However, Y/N was a normal human. Zhuzhi-Lang was a demon. Eventually, Y/N died.

■■■

"Zhuzhi-Lang, I'm sorry I got you in this mess.." TianLang-Jun said as he pat his nibling's head.

Zhuzhi-Lang had retained severe injuries and lost a lot of their scales. They were going to die.

"I don't have any regrets that I can think of at the moment.... but I'm happy... I will able to see the one I loved..." They muttered and closed their eyes.

■■■

TianLang-Jun, Luo BingHe and Shen QingQiu were out on a trip. The older demon wanted the couple to try food from a restraunt he had recently come across.

"This is one of best restraunts I have ever come across! And after being sealed under a mountain for so long everything tastes ten times better" TianLang-Jun said with a smile.

Luo BingHe was clinging to Shen QingQiu as usual. Shen QingQiu was used to this and simply pat his husband's head.

Children's laughter was heard and then a children accidently crashed into TianLang-Jun.

"Sorry mister!" The child got up and said with a bow.
"It's alright, but are you hurt?" TianLang-Jun asked.
"I'm perfectly fine!" The child replied. Then the child turned around and waved at another child running in the distance.

"ZhuZhi! Hurry up or all the noodles will be sold!" The child yelled. The other child reached them and panted.

"I can't run any faster! You'll make me faint like this, Y/N!" The other child said.
"Well how will you protect me when we get married?" The child asked.
"I have six more years till i'm eighteen and so do you! I can become plenty strong in that time!" The child said with a pout.

The first child laughed and ran away again. The other bowed at the three men in front of him and ran after the first.

TianLang-Jun watched the two children run until they faded out of his view. Shen QingQiu also stared at them.

"Well, I win the bet" Shen QingQiu started. TianLang-Jun sighed with a smile and gave the former money.

"Seems like I'll have to start believing in reincarnation" TianLang-Jun mutter and continued to lead the couple to the restraunt.