19- 𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈

Start from the beginning

'She's burning up' he frowned, was about to turn to see if the doctor came but felt a tug on his sleeve.

"d-don't.. go..."

"I'm not going i-"

"Don't lea... leave me... Ple.."

Jennette gripped his sleeve as her life depends on it.

"....Please"

She was holding it so tightly her blood was going up on her IV line.

Before Ijekiel could answer a doctor rushed inside with nurse. Seeing her like that the doctor told the nurse to connect the oxygen mask quickly.

"How did this happen?" Doctor asked looking at her previous freshly bandaged hand now blood leaking from it.

"I- when i came i saw she was on the floor" Ijekiel quickly explained still looking at the girl begging him to not leave 'is she dreaming something?'

"I think her stitches broke... You should wait outside-" doctor paused as he saw how Jennette was holding Ijekiel's sleeve.

"Miss Jennette can you hear me?" Doctor momentarily ignored Ijekiel, started to check her blood pressure.

"It's dropping pass me the injection!" A Nurse passed him.

jennette was still gripping on ijekiel's sleeve. He tried to remove it, after few try he gave up and he wrapped his hand on top of her grip reassuring that he's not leaving. She was still muttering something and tears were running down from the corner of her eyes.

"...-m don't le.."

'What do i do.. Ijekiel worriedly glanced at the doctor who was preparing the injection. He learned down a little touched her head "I'm not leaving.. Calm down"

he felt her grip getting tighter on his sleeve "I'm- i'm really not leaving.."

doctor injected her. She was still murmuring.

"jennette.."

"I'm not going anywhere!"

He saw her breathing getting better but tears never stopped flowing.

"......."

Wiping the corner of her eyes he muttered "I'm right here.."

"I'm not leaving you till you let me go.... I promise.."

After few moment her grip loosened. He gently placed it on the bed while looked at her pale looking face.

"I prescribed her painkillers. Did she not take it?" Doctor asked Ijekiel

"She fell asleep so-" looking down, he felt like it's his fault 'i should have forced her to eat sometimes...'

Doctor signed "wait outside"

he nodded glancing at the pale girl one last time left the room.

.

.

.

"Anesthesia ran out and she didn't take her medicine on time, that's why her body reacted like that. She fell on her left arm, it broke few stitches. Now she's unconscious because of the blood loss" doctor said looking at the couple sitting on his cabin.

"When will she wake up?" The blonde male asked while holding his wifes hand.

"If everything goes right, in 4 to 6 hour. She'll be awake by morning"

they talked about few other things.

The couple was getting up to leave.

"By the way, is your daughter always less expressive?"

Penelope looked at her husband then the doctor "what do you mean?"

"She didn't say a word while we brought here. Even after coming here she was way too calm while i was stitching her. Seeing people her age don't react like that... is rare"

"Since her accident... Now that i think about it" Anastacius muttered looking at Penelope.

"I was worried she was not showing pain. People like her are the hardest to treat. You should talk to your daughter after she gets better" he scribbled something on a paper and passed is to Anastacius.

They left his cabin saw Ijekiel leaning on the wall. As soon as he saw Anastacius he came straight in front him and bowed "I'm sorry sir"

Penelope sighed knowing what he's gonna say 'this kid...'

"Why are you sorry. It's not your fault" Anastacius patted his shoulder. Shaking her head Penelope left them and went to Jennette's room.

"She got hurt because of me... I'm sorry" Ijekiel bowed again.

Anastacius sighed "are you hurt anywhere?"

"Huh?"

"You fought him right? So are you alright?"

Ijekiel saw dumbfounded. He thought Anastacius would be angry. It's okay from Penelope, that was not unexpected but him.. His brain almost shut down that moment.

"......"

Anastacius saw him dumbly looking at him and frowned "did he.. hit you? You should-"

"I'm- I'm okay... Completely fine but i-"

Anastacius nodded "then you should go home. Don't think unnecessary things. Go home and sleep kiddo!" He pulled up his hand and rubbed Ijekiel's head making his white hair messy, then left.

holding his messy hair he stayed on his place 'what the-' he looked at the detection
Anastacius left, blinked few times before murmuring "he is... not mad!? ...Scary"

Then slowly walked out of the hospital

'Today was a long day'