-ˋˏ ༻The start༺ ˎˊ-

Governor Square, 1813

Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. consider the household of the boron Featherington, three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless... 

"tighter" lady Featherington ordered as her daughter prudence was supported by a chair as one of their ladies' maids tightened the corset around her waist.

.... Tasteless mama

"Tighter."  Lady Teatherington yelled as her daughter doubled over the chair, red in the face suffocating in the tight corset.

"Is she to breath mama?" the youngest Featherington girl questioned looking to her older sister with pity. "I was able to squeeze my waist into the size of an orange and a half when i was prudence's age, your sister shall do the same." lady Featherington snarled as she joined the maid in squeezing the corset around her daughter's body.

Far better odds might exist in the household of the widowed viscountess Bridgerton. a shockingly prolific family noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

"I am already roasting." Eloise Bridgerton groaned as she stalked down the stairs of the Bridgerton household with her two younger sisters Hyacinth and Francesca.

"Are you to complain the whole day, Eloise?" Francesca questioned. "Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day." said Eloise, Hyacinth giggled "I feel like a princess, do I look like one?" Hyacinth asked as she twirled her dress.

"Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like? " Just then the youngest of the Bridgerton boys came racing down the stairs "on your left!" Gregory yelled as he darted past his sisters not before taking little Hyacinth's ribbon from her hair. "Oh, Gregory" Hyacinth groaned before chasing after her brother. 

 "Is our dear sister still not ready?" Benidict, the second eldest Bridgerton asked his sisters as he walked into the foyer with his younger brother colin.

"she's only been readying herself the entire night." Francessca smiled. "You mean her entire life." Eloise stated. "I shall run upstairs and hasten her along." colin said to his brother.

"Colin, wait. I'll do it. " Benedict said walking briskly beside colin with Eloise right behind him.

"She likes me much better than you, benedict." colin boasted.

"Did she say that? " Benedict asked with a frown sounding a bit hurt.

"Everyone says that." this taxed Eloise's patients and with a groan she pushed past her brothers stopping at the bottom of the large staircase. "Daphne! you must make. hast!" Elosie yelled stomping her feet. "Should you think she heard me?" Eloise asked with a toothy grin as her siblings looked at her in utter disbelief.