-ˋˏ ༻Prologue༺ ˎˊ-

»•» 🌸 «•«

"I'm what?" Ida asked baffled. Her mother the queen of Prussia had just informed her on her decision. Ida was to travel to London to become a debutante and participate in their marriage mart. Apparently after her sister whose name shall never be named ruined herself with lowly stable boy so now her own prospects of marriage were out the window so instead of enjoying her youth with her family and friends Ida is now being forced to go to England and find herself a humble lord to marry as to save her family from crisis.

"This is not fair mother it's not my fault Augusta can't keep her legs shut!" Ida yelled glaring at her sister who sat across from her with a smirk on her face. "I know dearest but there is nothing else we can do." Her mother said trying to soothe Ida's anger. "Why not just sent her to Aunt Lottie." Ida sneered at her sister who had not moved an inch the entire time they had been in the room two hours to be exact.

Augusta laughed spitefully"oh you would love that wouldn't you sister." Before ida could respond the voice of her mother pierced the atmosphere. "Enough!, your sister is going to England." The queen joined her older daughter in glaring at the younger.

" She is?"

"I am?"

"Yes, but not to the to your aunt." This made Augusta sit up for she had no idea what was about to come from her mother's mouth. "She will renounce her title and join a nunnery." Augusta was horrified so much so that she let out a banshee like scream, but Ida was absolutely thrilled that her sister was finally getting some form of punishment for her behavior which only resembled that of a prostitute. since they were children, Augusta was able to get away with so many things but not anymore. "Stop screaming Augusta you had to have known this was to happen, everyone from here to Paris knew of your exploits but until two days ago they were only baseless rumors until you let yourself be seen by the common folk in a brothel being getting passed around like a common whore by not one but two men Augusta Two!" Ida eyes grew wide at her mother's words, she'd heard of her sisters' antics but not to this extent. "My word Augusta." Ida never thought her sister was capable of such things.

Over the years Augusta had because rebellious to each and every rule or restriction set before her effectively stressing everyone around her at first it was little things like pulling pranks on the foot men and making jokes about the Lords that serve the king but soon she started to bed the foot men and blatantly insulting kings men. Ida once admired her sisters rebellious nature but once it took a turn for the worse ida pitied her sister.

"Oh, be quite you're older than I am you should not be this chaste." Augusta rolled her eyes. "that's where you're wrong, we both should be chaste." Augusta groaned she was not in the mood for this. "you sister is right Augusta, you both are royal princesses who's only duty I'd to find respectable husbands and reproduce but you cannot do that-"

"Because I've acted like a common harlot and ruined myself, yes mother I heard this from Fredrick God bless his soul do know he turned a new shade of pink when he heard." That wasn't a question they'd all seen it Fredrick was the mostly innocent of all the royal children. "This is not a joke Augusta." Ida yelled "because of you we both have to be shipped off to some strange country with people we don't know, now I must find a husband I may not like all because you don't want to be married to lord Hansel." Tears streamed down Ida's face, a mixture of anger and sadness overtook her bit her sister did not care. "you're older why don't you marry him."

"Only by five minutes and he doesn't want me he wants you besides there is nothing wrong with him he is young, handsome and accomplished, A kinder man you will never find." Ida didn't understand her sister, Lord Hansel was perfect for her she'd even been friends with him but after he proposed she started partying and drinking and bedding strange men of all station more than usual.