Chapter 30 - The Shop

Start from the beginning

"Awww...and they're wearing matching outfits. Did you get their names from Jack Daniels?"

"Yeah...is it too obvious?"

"Kinda." Viane said as she played with the kids' fingers.

Then Jack finally paid her some attention while Daniel minded his own business of observing other people.

But then, Mia noticed Viane's body tensed when Jack stared at her.

And she has an idea on why Viane was shocked.

"Mia, why are their eyes like that? Does Mateo have the same eyes?"

Viane already knows that Mateo is the father of her babies when she sent her a picture of all four of them once. As per requested by Viane herself when the twins was two already two months old.

"No...they're the same with my brother's."

Viane slowly looked at her and stood up.

"Brother? I thought you were an orphan?"

"Come sit, I'll explain everything." She said gesturing the seat in front of her across the table.

Mia started explaining everything to Viane on how and when she found out about her identity, on how she is the long lost daughter of the Ricci's and Viane's ex-boyfriend's long lost little sister.

"Y-you're Tsukishima's sister?" Viane asked still dazed with the information she discovered.

Mia smiled and nodded like she was guilty as charged.

Viane's eyes widened more in shock and she blinked a few time. She is probably trying to process everything.

"Yeah, the first time I saw him, I felt something but I immediately disregarded it. Then after a while, we became close friends and he started to be over protective of me. Tsukishima helped me in many ways you know."

"A-re you serious? That Tsukishima?! T-that...t-that...Ugh!" She saw Viane's hand clench around her coffee.

Mia was not surprised on Viane's sudden change of tone. Although, it didn't really suit her angelic doll face.

"Hey Viane, do you still really loathe my brother? Can't you forgive him already?"

Viane just sighed and looked down at her coffee. "I'm sorry Mia, but for me, what he did is unforgivable. You might find me unreasonable, but that's the way it is for me."

"But Viane, did you ever consider that my brother still loves you?"

Viane just stared at her like she was telling a joke to her. Her mouth hanged open a little and her eyes blinked fast like she couldn't believe what she is saying.

"Love me?" She scoffed. Then she laughed so hard like it the most amusing thing she has ever heard. But there was a hint of bitterness in her laugh. "Tsukishima never loved me. He was the one who told me himself. Mia, he is already in love with someone else. That is why that stupid bet was created. So there's no way in hell that that guy is inlove with me. You must've heard it wrong Mia. And please, don't ever mention that guy again. I am planning to leave my life peacefully without the intervention of any sort of opposite living organisms called 'Tsukishima.' Viane quoted in a really bitter tone and crossed her arms and slumps her back on the chair afterwards.

"Believe me, I know what I heard... actually he was pla---"

Mia paused on her tracks. She knows that she needs to tell Viane about Tsukishima's plan, but she is not sure herself is he is going to continue with it. That kidnapping Viane was probably meant as a joke all along. Besides, she doesn't want to scare Viane in any way. But maybe she could warn her a little.