Chapter 23 - The Arrival 3

MIA WAS lying on the bed while softly caressing her tummy when she heard the door of the bathroom open.

As always, he looks dashingly handsome with a wet hair and a few droplets of water slowly cascade his body. She felt her cheeks heated up when she realized that he is wearing her clothes. It fits him perfectly and she wanted to laugh on how tight the shirt was on him. She carefully sat on the bed and adjusted her position.

Their eyes met for a few seconds and she immediately turned her face to a different direction before he could notice his effect on her. She sighed as she scolded herself again. Just how many times did she tell to herself to try and neglect her feelings for Mateo as much as she can?

"So... Sir Mateo, have a sit." She offered him and tapped the space beside her-on her right-in the bed.

Mateo, who was still rubbing his head with a towel, obliged.

She noticed that her former boss is fidgeting a bit. 'Is he nervous?' How could he be nervous when she is the one with an uncontrollable heart here?

"So...Sir Mateo, what do you wanna talk about?"

Mateo took a deep breath, and another one. It seems to her that he doesn't know where to start the conversation.

"First, can you stop calling me Sir Mateo and just call me by my name instead?"

She gave him a sad smile and shook her head. "No sir Mateo, this is where I'm comfortable at."

Beause she's afraid that if she called him by his name again, it will be all temporary once again. And it pained her when he told her to stop their first name basis. So it's better for her this way.

She heard Mateo sigh, "Alright..." Then an awkward atmosphere enveloped the two of them.

Mia was waiting for Mateo to finally speak out his mind when she suddenly felt her baby kick from inside her stomach. She halted in caressing her tummy and smiled at the thought that her baby can feel the presence of his daddy.

"What is it Mia? Is something wrong?" Mateo asked in a worried tone.

"He kicked."

She turned to Mateo and she saw the amazement in his eyes as he stares at her tummy.

Mia bits her lower lip. "Uhm... do you...want...to..." She said sounding a little unsure on whether to continue asking or not. She is not sure if he would like the idea of touching the child that he thought that wasn't his. Mia braced herself for the rejection...but his answer surprised her...

"C-can I?..."

She smiled and gave him a nod. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

Mateo nervously nodded and she saw his adam's apple move. His fingers were shaking a bit as it slowly landed atop her bulging stomach. 'It feels weird...' She thought. Having him touch their baby for the first time makes her heart flutter. She wished that this moment could last forever.

Disappointment was plastered on Mateo's face when his hand was already on her stomach for a few minutes but her baby did not move. She wanted to laugh at his scrunched-up eye brows and pouted lips.

He removed his hand.

"He doesn't like me."

She chuckled. "He's just probably shy around his dad---oops..." Oh no...her mouth slipped. "Uhmmm... I-I mean, s-shy around other people."

Her heart went crazy when her tongue accidentally slipped the d-word. "I-I'm so sorry Sir Mateo, I didn't mean to say that."

But Mateo's expression wasn't mad or anything negative. He was actually giving off a small smile on his lips which was a mystery for her. Slowly, his hand started to move a bit on her stomach tracing weird shapes with his thumb and Mia felt tingles from that very spot down to her toes.