Chapter 27 - The Results

Depuis le début

Well, who wouldn't be scared if you are threatened by one of the most influential and powerful person of Spain.

"O-okay, then I will collect the babies' and Sir Nicholas's DNA sample and take it to the lab---"

"Who the heck is Nicholas?"

"Huh?" The officer was paused in his tracks towards Mateo when Tsukishima suddenly exclaimed his question. "Aren't the paternity sample from Nicholas Dela Cruz?"

"Of course not!" Aunt Luciana immediately defended. "I gave you the samples from Mateo Dela Cruz, not Nicholas Dela Cruz." Aunt Luciana said. She seemed to have finally calmed down a little.

"Oh..." The officer somewhat realized something. "Then the result was not yours then, I'm really sorry about that. I brought the wrong set of papers." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. "The real results of your DNA test must have been in my car, will you please wait for a moment? I'll just go get it." He said apologetically and bowed before going outside to get the real papers.

The tension in the air finally died down and Mia was finally able to release the breath the she has been holding for quite a while now. She looked at baby Jack who was still peacefully sleeping after all of that.

Her babies are quite the heavy sleepers. Nothing can easily wake them up even if you fly a helicopter above them. They sleep around too much that it sometimes worries her if they are alright. But the Dela cruz's family doctor said that the twins are both healthy and normal and in their best state, thankfully.

"Are you all right Sweetie?" Mateo asks her all of a sudden. He probably noticed that she was spacing out since earlier.

She looked at him and smiled with relief. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

Mateo just smiled warmly at her and kissed her head.

"Mateo, what would you do if the second result is still negative?" Mia asked the question that has been ringing inside her head since she heard the word 'negative' form that officer.

"Why? Were you scared that I'm going to get mad at you?"

Mia bit her lower lip in frustration. She is still scared though, that's for sure. Everything was already getting fine again between her and Mateo. And the DNA results are the final key for them to erase all of his doubts. But if the results still do not give them the answer that it's supposed to give, then there would be no other way to make Mateo believe that the children are his.

And that Mateo will find a reason to hate her and finally step out of her life, for good.

"Awww...Mi hija..." Aunt Luciana stood up from her seat and walked towards her with her arms open wide ready to envelop her into a hug. Once she got in front of her, Aunt Luciana gave her a motherly hug careful enough not to squeeze Jack. "Everything's gonna be just fine mi hija... we all know that my stupid son is the father of my little grandsons." She said as she gave her a supportive squeeze in her arms.

That gentleness of the kind lady made her calmer. Aunt Luciana really knows how to calm a person that easily. Although, she is also much known in making a lot of people terrified.

"Thank you for always being there for me Aunt Luciana."

Aunt Luciana gave her a motherly warm smile. "Of course dear." Then she slowly leaned and whispered in her ears making sure that Mateo would hear her. "Anything for my future-daughter-in-law." She chuckled afterwards.

Mia just gave the kind lady a smile as an answer. However, she is not sure if that's going to happen. She really wanted it to be though. It would probably be really nice to finally call Aunt Luciana, mom.