As the weighty silence stretches on, Rooster finally breaks the stillness, his voice resonating with unwavering certainty. "You are not LeBoeuf," Rooster declares, his tone steady and firm, cutting through the frost-laden air. The enigmatic figure, shrouded in mystery, known only as Bear Man, responds to Rooster's statement with an air of composed calmness. His countenance remains unreadable as he reveals his true identity, shedding light on the enigma that surrounds him. "My name is Forster," Bear Man utters, his voice carrying a subtle air of intrigue. "Beyond my expertise in dentistry, I have honed my skills in the veterinary arts within the Nation. Moreover, I possess a curious proficiency in the field of medicine, offering my services to those humans who are bold enough to endure my unorthodox treatments." The revelation of Forster and his diverse array of skills injects a newfound complexity into the unfolding narrative. The layers of his character hint at a multifaceted personality, a man who has traversed the boundaries of conventional knowledge and embraced a realm of uncharted expertise. The unexpected meeting between Rooster and Bear Man catalyzes a tantalizing journey that holds the potential for unexpected alliances and unforeseen twists. In this encounter, a delicate dance of curiosity and wariness commences. Rooster's mind races, contemplating the possibilities that lie before them. The convergence of their paths suggests that the convergence of their skills and experiences may yield unforeseen benefits. As their eyes lock in a silent exchange, the unspoken question lingers in the air—will they find common ground and forge an unlikely alliance, or will their differences prove insurmountable? The future of their shared journey remains uncertain, but the stage is set for further revelations and the forging of a bond that could shape their destinies.

Rooster's hand gestures toward the lifeless body, acknowledging the formidable task awaiting the Bear Man. "You have your work cut out for you there," Rooster remarks, his voice laced with a blend of curiosity and recognition of the Bear Man's unique capabilities. Bear Man responds, unveiling the unusual circumstances surrounding the acquisition of the corpse, shedding light on the transaction that took place with an Indian. "I traded for him with an Indian who asserted that he had obtained him through lawful means. In exchange, I relinquished two dental mirrors and a bottle of expectorant," Bear Man discloses his words hinting at a barter system governed by unconventional rules and a distinct understanding of value. After addressing the matter at hand, the Bear Man shifts his attention to Rooster and Mattie, his gaze bearing a genuine concern. "Do either of you require medical attention?" the Bear Man inquires, his tone resonating with a combination of empathy and professionalism. Rooster promptly dismisses the offer, acknowledging their current state of well-being. "No," Rooster responds succinctly, assuring the Bear Man that their immediate medical needs are adequately met. With a pragmatic air, Rooster subtly repositions himself, implying a readiness to guide his horse in a different direction. However, a sudden thought interrupts his motion, causing him to pause and reconsider. "... It is fixing to get cold," Rooster muses aloud, his voice laced with a hint of concern. "Do you know of any place where we can find shelter?" The Bear Man ponders the question, his mind grappling with the possibilities before offering a suggestion. "I have my bearskin, which could provide some warmth," Bear Man offers, his voice carrying a touch of resourcefulness. "Alternatively, you might want to consider heading to the Original Greaser Bob's. He has fashioned a dugout within a hollow along the Carrillon River. If you follow the course of the river, you won't miss it. Greaser Bob, or rather the Original Greaser Bob, is currently hunting north of the picket wire and would likely not object to its use." A moment of silence envelops the trio, each individual deeply immersed in their thoughts. The weight of their circumstances settles upon them, bearing the weight of unspoken questions and the anticipation of pivotal choices that will shape their shared journey through the harsh and perilous terrain. Rooster and Mattie exchange glances, their expressions reflecting a mixture of contemplation and determination. They stand at a crossroads, evaluating the paths laid before them and the potential outcomes that each choice might yield. In the face of uncertainty, they find solace in the presence of the enigmatic Bear Man and the possibilities he represents—a refuge, a source of unique knowledge, and a potential ally in their quest. With renewed purpose and a subtle air of resolve, Rooster, Mattie, and Bear Man prepare to navigate the trials ahead, united by an unwritten bond and a shared determination to overcome the challenges that lie in wait.