|| 18. Broken Arm

Start from the beginning

Aurora offered her perspective. "Honestly, I think you should give her a chance. She's a nice girl, Y/N. Just give it a shot, maybe—" she suggested.

Y/N let out another sigh, her shoulders slumping. "That's... not what I wanted to hear," she murmured as she rose from the couch and left the Ravenclaw Common Room.

✴✴✴✴✴

"It looks ghastly," said Y/N as she sat next to Harry's bed in the nurses' office with her arms crossed, an amused expression dancing across her face. Harry rolled his eyes in response as he sank his head into his pillow.

"It's unfair, really. Why'd you get a cool scar on your shoulder, and I get my bones taken away?" Harry groaned in annoyance.

"Hey, you got a cool scar on your forehead, at least," Y/N shrugged. "Plus, you can't even see mine unless I'm wearing a t-shirt," she added. Harry grunted in response.

It was midnight, a few minutes before Y/N would go back to her dorm. The only light source was the lamp next to Harry's bed, its soft glow danced on their features like a gentle waltz, casting an orange hue on Y/N's red eyes.

"Heard you spit onto Hermione," Y/N teased, Harry's cheeks flushed red.

"It's not my fault, she was standing in front of me, and the drink Madam Pomfrey gave... well— it was revolting," Harry replied.

Suddenly, goosebumps appeared on the back of Y/N's head, causing her to straighten her posture and instinctively reach for her neck. She looked around, a sense of unease creeping over her. 

"Kill," a voice said, and Y/N's jaw clenched. The voice had been bothering her for a while now.

"Y/N," Harry murmured. "Do you hear it too?" Catching Y/N off guard.

"Hear what?" Y/N replied.

"I think I'm going mad, there's this like... weird whisper, it's been haunting me for days," Harry replied. Y/N's mouth parted in response before reluctantly nodding.

"I— Merlin's beard!" Y/N exclaimed. Her eyes diverted to the side to see a wrinkly little house elf, too close for comfort, staring deeply at her. Y/N jumped at the sight of it.

"Hello," the elf said.

"Dobby," Harry whispered, his voice tinged with frustration.

"Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby," Dobby tsked. "Harry Potter should have gone back home when he missed the train," Doby added.

"Who the fuck is Dobby?" Y/N spoke up, Dobby meeting her gaze.

"Ah!" Dobby exclaimed in surprise, almost frightened at the sight of Y/N. The girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at his reaction.

"My apologies, Miss Crimson," Dobby stammered, his eyes glistening as he began to weep, tears turning into full-blown sobs. Y/N's brows furrowed as she observed the distressed house-elf.

"What in the world," Y/N murmured, turning to glance at Harry, who wore an unamused expression on his face, almost as if he expected it.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for not introducing myself to you, Miss Crimson," Dobby sobbed, his voice quivering. "Your abi— abilities are legendary... your... y-your Blessing is legendary, your family is legend, ah!" Dobby's self-reproach was evident in his words, and he continued to cry softly.

"Wait—how did you know I missed the train?" Harry spoke up, his tone filled with curiosity. But then realization dawned on him. "It was you," he whispered, accusing Dobby of the barrier incident at the train station.