Should we share the bed now?

Start from the beginning

However,it didn't bother her enough to speak to Eugene privately.

Enid seemed to be relieved at the news,keeling onto her bed.

"Good..Wait!Was Ajax there?"

Wednesday considered lying and saying no,purely because she had never approved of Ajax and sending Enid his way would be asking for the werewolf's heart to break.But Enid's panicked face persuaded her otherwise.

"Yes.He's not aware of the situation yet."
"That's good."

Why is that good?Why does she not want it to be?

"Do you wish to be reunited with him?"
"What!?No!It's just..Nevermind."

-

It would hurt Ajax too much.He already thought she had a crush on someone else.To know it was Wednesday..It would make it seem much worse.Like she was cheating.

After all,they were roommates.

Wednesday raised her brow,intrigued.However,she turned back towards her luggage

"Very well.I'm not gonna ask.But he'll find out eventually.It depends on you whether you tell him the truth of it all or the truth we want everyone to believe.However,might I ask something else?"
"Sure.."
"Was he your mate?"

Enid blinked at her.Not a blink of confusion,but more of a "Are you stupid?"type blink.Which was rude.After all,Wednesday just asked a question.

"Separation from your mate can be quite painful,I've heard.So,for your sake,I hope he wasn't."
"You can't really..Do that."
"Huh?"
"We don't mate long term.We mate for life."
"But scientifically that makes-"
"It's magic.No real science to it.When you find the one,you find the one."

They sat there for a couple seconds.

"Eww..I said it like Taylor Lautner in "Twilight."..Gross."
"Enid,do not expect me to understand what you're referring to."
"Right,right.Excuse me,Ms Addams."
"However..I'm intrigued by this..Ancestral love spell of yours."
"That makes it sound even worse Weds."

Despite her scrunched up expression,the blonde continued on.

"Well..A lot of it is about smell.We will seek people whose scent we find soothing.That helps narrow it down.We tend to gravitate to them.Whenever we're in the same room with them we'll go to them almost immediately."

Wednesday hummed,taking her typewriter out.She might need to take notes.For the sake of Pugsley's obsession,obviously.

"Go on."
"And over time..You recognize their scent just like you recognize your own face.You can follow it despite small changes or other interfering scents."

The Addams girl nodded.Interesting.Her mind wondered to her rescue at Enid's hands..well,paws at the time.Perhaps she was an option.But surely Enid,loyal and lovely as she was,wouldn't cheat on Ajax even in the misty confines of her own subconscious.

A weird similarity that's all.Wednesday cleared her throat.

"How do you know?"
"What?"
"How do you know which one of your options is the one?"

Enid picked at her nails.

"I guess you just..You just know.It's overwhelming I guess.It's just..Too much.Their smell,their heartbeat,you can feel all of it.It washes over you like some weird..love tsunami,I guess."
"That's..oddly detailed."
"So I've heard!"Enid sputtered"From my dad.He talks about how he met my mom all the time.Or use to.I have a really good memory so.."
"Right."Wednesday said,clipping the blonde's sentence short.

She paused,smacking her lips together.Something occurred to her and she scoffed.

"So,that's why you and Ajax broke up."
"Huh?"
"Because he wasn't your mate so you found the relationship pointless."
"Not..Not exactly ."