"That voice," Y/N said, her voice tinged with unease.

"Voice?" Lockhart echoed, his expression showing confusion.

Y/N continued to scan the room, wide-eyed. "Didn't you hear it?" she insisted.

Lockhart chuckled, thinking Y/N might be losing her composure. "What are you talking about, Y/N?"

"That voice," Y/N repeated, still on edge.

Lockhart glanced at the clock. "Great Scott, no wonder you're a bit drowsy. Look at the time. We've been here nearly four hours!" he exclaimed, a smirk forming on his lips. "It's spooky how time flies when one is having fun."

"So much fun," Y/N deadpanned as she got up from her seat, still looking around cautiously, convinced she had heard something unusual.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N walked out of Lockhart's classroom, her discomfort evident in the way she shifted in her robes. Whispers echoed in her mind, causing her brows to furrow in frustration and confusion.

"Let me rip you..."

She looked around, pressing her hand against the wall and her ear, trying to locate the source of the unsettling voice. It grew louder, urging her to move faster. Y/N began to run towards the voice, ending up at the edge of a wall.

"Fu—" Her exclamation was abruptly cut off as she bumped into someone. Opening her eyes, she found herself face to face with Agil. The tension between them was palpable.

"Sorry— oh, it's you," Agil muttered. "What are you doing here?" Agil asked sharply.

"None of your business," Y/N retorted, shoulder checking past Agil, causing the younger girl to stumble slightly, struggling to maintain her balance.

"That voice," Agil muttered. "Do you hear it too?" she asked, Y/N stopping dead in her tracks.

"I..." Y/N stammered. "Don't know what you're talking about," she said softly, walking away as she left Agil alone.

✴✴✴✴✴

The following day, Y/N made her way through the castle's corridors, hastily adjusting her robes and tousled hair. Aurora and the rest of their group had returned from their late-night trip after midnight while Y/N had been sound asleep, resulting in them being too exhausted to join her for breakfast.

As she entered the Great Hall, dark bags under her eyes, the cacophony of voices filled her ears, adding to her already confused and frustrated state. Her gaze landed on the Gryffindor table, where she locked eyes with Hermione. However, Hermione quickly averted her gaze, leaving Y/N puzzled.

Frowning, Y/N approached the Gryffindor table, intending to inquire about Hermione's unusual behavior. But before she could utter a word, Hermione abruptly stood up and announced, "I'm stuffed. Catch you later, I've got a study session planned with Lavender and Patil."

With those words, Hermione walked past Y/N, leaving her bewildered. She turned to Ron and Harry, seeking some explanation for Hermione's actions.

"Is she deliberately avoiding me?" Y/N questioned, receiving only exchanged glances and shrugged shoulders from Harry and Ron in response.

Y/N felt a growing sense of frustration as she watched Hermione avoid her. She decided to take a seat at the Gryffindor table, determined to get to the bottom of this. Ron and Harry exchanged another glance but remained tight-lipped.

Y/N leaned over and whispered to Ron, "Did something happen while I was gone?"

Ron hesitated for a moment, then finally spoke in a low voice, "It's complicated, Y/N. Hermione's been acting a bit strange since you left."