She got her phone and stared at the 'omw' text smiley sent her 15 minutes ago.

She sighed and went to text him that she couldn't come out today but he'd already started calling her.

She prayed to God that he didn't make her go behind her momma back and sneak out before answering.

"hello?"

i'm outside

"Oh, i don't want to go outside today." She bit her lip and lied, embarrassed her mom told her no.

"man, imani bring yo ass outside"

"Didn't i just say no?"

"So you made me come way over here fa nun?"

"I'm sorry, i'll give you money for the gas you wasted whenever i see you."

"okay"

Smiley hung up the phone and Imani felt guilty. She missed being under him and she was so close to having those butterflies swarm around in her stomach but she always listened to her mom. she would never be disrespectful no matter how much her mom upset her.

Imani scrunched her face up when she heard a knock on the door. She walked to her window and looked out of it, she knitted her eyebrows together when she didn't see a car outside. Either the person walked or they didn't park to the left side of her house.

She heard her mom answer the door and she immediately ran to the stairs when she heard smileys voice.

Imani listened to see what Smiley was going to say before walking down stairs and going to the door.

"Hi, miss. I was wondering if Imani was here?"

"Yes she is, and you are?"

"I'm Zyair White."

"Ms. Bailey."

"Nice to meet you ms. Bailey. Me and Imani were supposed to go hang out with friends later on today but she wasn't there, i just wanted to see if everything was okay."

Ms. Bailey eyed the dread headed boy who stood at her door step. He had low eyes but they weren't red, which she appreciated that he didn't come to her door step high.

He had black lips hinting that he was a smoker. He wore a green polo tech two piece with a pair of LV slides.

She ignored the smokers lips and noticed how he came to see if Imani was okay. It was sweet to her and she appreciated that Imani kept great company around her.

"Yes, she's okay. I was just worried about her safety when going out because of that man who killed that lil girl recently."

"Oh that shooting in atlanta? yea i heard he assaulted multiple women before actually killing one."

Ms. Bailey smiled. Opening the door wider for him to come in. She closed the door behind him and yelled for Imani to come downstairs.

"Yes, they should've kept him locked up."

"Right, I don't see how somebody could do that to a women. A person in general really."

She smiled and stared at the boy. She was happy she didn't judge him by his outside appearance because he was actually caring. She liked that he cared for her daughter.

Imani came into the living room after making heavy footstep noises to make it seem like she wasn't being nosy.

"Yes? oh hey Zyair."

Zyair smirked at her calling him his real name meaning she was listening.

"What are you doing here?"