On the Run - Ja'Marr Chase Part II *Rated R*

"Why do you want to travel out of the blue like this?" He said squinting his eyes.

"Ja'Marr I need a break. I know you do. Andddd...Tianna invited me. She invited US."

"Tianna, as in Jettas girl? Yea I knew you were up to something." Ja'Marr said getting out of the bed and going into the bathroom to turn on the shower, with Kendra on his heels.

"Listennnn...the both of you need this as well. We miss the two of you together. Y'all were unstoppable. Can you do this for me?" 

Ohhh wee. Kendra thought as she watched Ja'Marr remove his shirt preparing to step into the shower..

"Okay just think about it. I'm going to bed. Talk to you in the morning?"

"Yea. Whatever, Ken."

She walked away feeling defeated. Ja'Marr's attitude was definitely giving irritated and it was clear he didn't feel like goin on anyone's trip. 

When Kendra arose the next morning Ja'Marr was still sleeping so she didn't wake him. He normally sleeps long after the season until he shakes it off. She got into her truck, slung her tote bag into her passenger seat and called Tianna.

"Good morning miss mamas!" Tianna said excitedly.

"Ohh someone's got energy this morning!" Kendra noted.

"Yes, girl I'm on my peloton. What's up? Did Ja'Marr say anything?"

"Girl he looked so irritated. He told me 'whatever' before walking away from me last night after I proposed the idea. What are we going to do?"

"Get them on board. Period. They don't have a choice! Life is too short and we need them to get over this not talking to each other ish. It's childish and ego driven I'm sure." Tianna said while exercising.

"Yea, both of them being alpha males, I can imagine we have a long battle ahead of us."

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Book you and Ja'Marr' a flight. We are leaving Thursday morning. Arrive to the villa by 12noon. I don't care what these two say. We all need this and we THEM back on good terms."

"Alright girl. If Ja'Marr kills me, this is on you." Kendra said shaking at the torture she was about to go through trying to get Ja'Marr on a plane in a couple of days.

"Trust me, he's going to end up thanking you. I'll send you the villa info we all will be staying in."

"Sounds good! Do Ja'Marr and I have our own rooms within the villa?"

"Uh, yea of course...Let me finish my ride, they have the hip hop playlist today. Love you girl & see you in 48 hours."

"Okay, see you in Jamaica. Love you!"

Kendra got off of the phone and fell backwards on her bed, staring at the ceiling trying to come up with a plan to make her VERY stubborn and hardheaded friend get on board for this trip. Then all of a sudden it hit her. One thing about Ja'Marr, he may not be very expressive or affectionate, but he hates to disappoint those he loves.

I'm just going to be honest about how much this means to me.

After showering and putting on a cute suit for work, Kendra grabbed her laptop bag & purse and headed for the living room when she saw Ja'Marr was awake and already up doing push ups on the floor with his Bose headphones on.

Her stomach was in knots as she walked in the kitchen to grab water and her lunch. Ja'Marr got up from the floor and pulled a chair out to sit at her bar. Kendra slowly turned around, meeting eyes with Ja'Marr.