|| 12. Pretty

Mulai dari awal

"It's a secret," Hermione whispered, causing Y/N's eyebrows to furrow in intrigue.

"A secret, huh?" Y/N deadpanned, her tone neutral as she observed Hermione, who simply shrugged.

"Okay, fine. Since you're so eager to know, it was about who we fancied," Hermione revealed cryptically, a small amused smile forming on Y/N's lips.

"So you're willing to trust Harry with your crush secrets, but not me?" Y/N quipped, her expression devoid of any emotion.

"Gryffindors only," Hermione hummed in response, prompting a scoff from Y/N. 

There was a playful edge to her reaction, yet a trace of curiosity and perhaps a tinge of jealousy lingered beneath the surface. Could it be that Hermione had a crush? Y/N's thoughts churned as she mulled over this unexpected revelation.

"Gryffindors only, huh?" Y/N replied, a mock pout forming on her lips. "I see how it is."

"Maybe next time, we'll include the Ravenclaws," Hermione teased, her eyes glinting mischievously.

"Maybe," Y/N said, her smile returning. "But honestly, I can't believe you guys are playing that game without me."

"It was a spontaneous thing," Hermione explained, her tone still light. "And you were off doing your own thing."

"Yeah, sleeping, maybe," Y/N said with a dramatic flair.

Hermione chuckled. "Well, maybe we'll invite you next time. Just be prepared to spill your deepest crush secrets."

"I'll have to think about it," Y/N replied, her smile turning into a grin.

The two of them continued to chat and laugh as the kayak gently glided over the water. The sun cast a warm and golden glow, creating a serene atmosphere around them. Y/N's earlier unease seemed to melt away in the company of her friends, especially Hermione, whose presence was a comforting and exciting contradiction all at once.

"This is actually quite nice," Y/N mused, looking out at the horizon.

"It is," Hermione agreed, a contented smile on her face. "And it's even better when you're not feeling nauseous," she added, glancing back at Harry, who was still looking a bit green.

"Yeah, poor guy," Y/N chuckled. "Well, at least he's providing us with some entertainment."

Y/N shifted her attention toward Hermione, who was gazing out at the sea. Y/N took note of Hermione's side profile, admiring the delicate slope of her button nose. The sun's gentle touch cast a warm orange hue on her long eyelashes, which seemed to dance with every flutter.

Hermione's big brown eyes shimmered with brightness, reflecting the sunlight, and her hair, though typically slightly curled, appeared straightened today. Her pale, slightly tanned complexion displayed rosy cheeks, causing a flutter of excitement in Y/N's stomach, a sharp contrast to the goosebumps on her own skin.

"Why do you always straighten your hair?" Y/N's voice was a soft murmur, breaking the serene moment. Hermione turned her gaze toward Y/N, her eyebrows knitting together in curiosity.

"Why not?" Hermione responded with a touch of indifference, prompting Y/N to arch an eyebrow.

"Your natural hair is pretty," Y/N's voice carried a gentle hum, causing a faint blush to tint Hermione's cheeks.

"You're just saying that. It tends to look wild and unruly, making me appear rather unkempt," Hermione dismissed with a shrug.

Y/N's smile remained reassuring. "Trust me, Hermione, your natural hair is far from wild. It's... pretty,"