|| 11. Philippines

Start from the beginning

✴✴✴✴✴

"Everyone, get on the bus!" Professor McGonagall's voice cut through the bustling sounds of disembarkation, and the students of each house began to organize themselves, each group heading towards their designated buses.

"Looks like we won't share a hotel room," Y/N murmured as she and Hermione joined the line for their respective buses.

"Hm, what a pity," Hermione teased, a small smile tugging at her lips. Y/N's own smile matched Hermione's playful tone. "So, what hotel are we even going to?" Hermione asked, curiosity in her eyes.

"Dunno, but it seems fancy. See you later," Y/N responded, offering a brief nod before heading toward her designated bus. Hermione reciprocated the nod, and with that, the two friends parted ways.

"Hey, Y/N/N," Seraphina's groggy voice reached Y/N's ears as she entered the bus, some of the older Ravenclaws already asleep. Y/N responded with a tired grunt, her own energy levels low after the long flight.

"Hey, do you have any pills? This headache's killing me," Y/N's murmur held a hint of desperation, and Seraphina's reply was apologetic.

"Oh, Ron took all of them," Seraphina admitted sheepishly, Y/N groaning in response as she made her way towards a seat, shuffling her feet along.

"I'm never riding a plane again," Aurora's voice came from the seat next to Y/N, her weariness evident.

"Hmm, I know the feeling," Y/N mumbled in agreement.

"How will you get home?" Y/N whispered to Aurora, her curiosity piqued.

"Teleport me, Apparate me, anything," Aurora's dramatic proclamation drew a snicker from Y/N.

"Oh, come on, we'll be at the hotel soon enough," Y/N reassured her, her tone carrying a hint of amusement.

"I'll take your word for it," Aurora murmured, leaning her head against Y/N's shoulder in a gesture of comfort. 

✴✴✴✴✴

"Silence!" Snape's voice boomed, effectively cutting through the chatter of the students. He stood with his arms crossed, leading the way as the group of students made their way to the hotel.

"There will be no mixed-gender roommates. All accommodations must strictly be with the same gender," he announced firmly, earning a few groans from the students.

"Each room is designed for four people only. Choose your roommate wisely, and be aware that any inappropriate behavior will result in immediate expulsion," Snape's warning held a weight of seriousness, although some students couldn't help but roll their eyes at the sternness of his words.

"Y/N, let's pair up—" Hermione began to suggest, only to pause as she noticed Y/N engrossed in conversation with Aurora.

"Deal," Aurora replied with a smug grin, exchanging a playful eye roll with Y/N.

"Oh," Hermione's response was plain, a faint unease settling in her stomach as her eyes shifted around.

"Can't sleep without me, can you, Evergreen?" Y/N teased Aurora, who responded with a sarcastic scoff.

"Don't flatter yourself, Crimson," Aurora retorted, her tone laced with amusement as Y/N chuckled in response. The dynamics among the friends continued to play out as they settled into their accommodations.

✴✴✴✴✴

"Oh my God, a bed!" Sophie's exclamation filled the air as she swiftly swiped the card, opening the door to their hotel room.

"I'll take the one by the window," Seraphina announced with enthusiasm, promptly launching herself onto the bed adjacent to the windows.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Sophie protested, Seraphina responding with a mischievous smirk.

"Sucks to suck," Seraphina retorted playfully, Sophie letting out an exasperated eye roll. She grumbled under her breath as she placed her baggage down and slouched onto the bed next to Seraphina's.

"I'll take the middle one, then," Y/N stated, her decision resolute.

"Are you sure? You can have the one against the wall since your neck hurts," Aurora offered, concern lacing her words.

"But you prefer the wall side," Y/N responded matter-of-factly.

"Hm, I can manage for a night or two," Aurora agreed with a small smile, the two knew each other like the back of their hand. As they settled into their hotel room, the weariness from the journey was temporarily forgotten.

"So... where are we anyway?" Y/N's voice was a murmur as she took off her shoes, sinking onto her designated bed.

"We're in Boracay. We'll be hitting the beaches tomorrow," Aurora answered.

"Ugh, exploring," Y/N groaned sarcastically, her exhaustion evident.

"Hey, I thought you liked exploring?" Sophie chimed in from her own bed.

"Not when I feel like a Bludger's slammed into the back of my head," Y/N retorted, earning a few chuckles from the group. "I've had goosebumps since we set foot here," Y/N murmured, a hint of unease in her tone.

"Could it be homesickness?" Seraphina suggested.

"I moved from America to Britain, so I highly doubt it," Y/N deadpanned.

"Are you guys gonna try the crystal boat?" Sophie's excitement cut through the conversation.

"Absolutely. It's a must-do in Boracay. Plus, it's Instagram-worthy," Aurora replied.

"Always thinking about Instagram, huh?" Y/N teased.

"I've got a reputation to maintain," Aurora stated matter-of-factly. Her fashion-forward and image-conscious persona had always stood out among the group, a contrast to the more casual vibes of the others.

"Oh, they offer braids here," Seraphina's excitement was palpable. She hadn't been able to braid her hair properly due to Hogwarts' busy schedule and lack of availability.

"I can braid your hair," Sophie offered.

"The last time you did, it was a mess," Seraphina deadpanned.

"Alright, good night, everyone," Aurora chimed in, clapping her hands to turn off the lights.

"You can do that?" Sophie's eyes widened.

"Yeah, it was in their terms of service. Did you not read it?" Seraphina yawned.

"Who actually reads that?" Y/N added with a smirk.

"Enough chitchat, let's get some rest," Aurora interjected, slipping on a night mask to cover her face. With the lights off and the day's adventures behind them, the group settled in for a well-deserved night of sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N : super short chapters lately srry but i promise the next ones will be super duper extra fluff with hermione >:D