"Hey Sammy." She smiled showing her right cheek dimple.

"Hey-" She took the door in her hand and smiled automatically at the sight of the girl. "Mabel."

"I was just thinking-" She chewed her lower lip nervously. "If you wanted to maybe come to my game on saturday ? I mean if you don't have anything planned-"

"Yeah I would love to." She interrupted her with a bigger smile.

Mabel's brown eyes lit up immediately at her response and she nodded slowly, crossing her fingers behind her back to hide her excitement.

Sam found it adorable, even more so with her hair parted in two ponytails.

Tara cleared her throat and stood next to Sam with her arms crossed. "Actually, she can't come. She's working that saturday evening."

"What n-" Sam turned to her sister and looked down at her with a frown.

Tara looked up at her and raised her eyebrows. "It works both ways."

"Okay... So I guess she refused you to come to the party ?" Mabel asked as she looked back and forth between the two sisters with her eyes.

"You're going to this party too ?" She asked back.

"Yes of course. It's at my friends house. Mindy Chad and Anika will be there." She happily asserted.

"Come on Sam." Tara tugged her sleeve to emphasize her words.

"Yeah. Come on Sam." Mabel added.

"A party is not safe-" "That's why I have my 5'9 and strong friend with me." She replied with an amused smile pointing at Mabel with her eyes.

"I'm 5'10." She added proudly.

Sam looked at her sister, then Mabel, then her sister again, she finally sighed. "Okay, fine."

"You're the best !" Tara exclaimed before rushing to her room, her phone already in hand, to let Anika know she could come.

Sam chuckled lightly and refocused her attention on Mabel. "Keep an eye on her. Please."

"Yes ma'am." She agreed before taking a step forward to lean down to place a kiss on her cheek.

She froze and gripped the door tighter in her hand.

"Oh, I almost forgot-" She reached into her bag to pull out a big yellow and blue jacket.

The name Kincaid was inscribed on the back in large letters. She shyly handed it to Sam. "It's for you."

She took the jacket gently. "Thanks."

"I'm not necessarily asking you to wear it, I think it would look pretty on you, not because you're not beautiful, you're already gorgeous..." She rambled looking away. "I also find that blue suits you well, all the colors suit you of course, everything suits you well in fact-"

"Okay thank you again Mabel." She chuckled again, interrupting the girl.

"You're welcome." She sighed with a smile as she wiggled her fingers nervously.