BakuXNijirou-16

Bakugou was walking across the forest as the familiar sound of dried leaves being crushed echoed in the quiet but comfortable ambience.

"Are you sure you saw a stream?", he asked lazily.

"Yeah Bakubro! This place is covered in trees and nothing else, so when I caught a glimpse of the stream yesterday I was so excited!!", Kirishima said as he caught up to him.

Nijirou shook his head, if it was earlier he would have believed Kirishima but after getting along with him for so long he slowly began understanding that Kirishima was...best described as innocent,

'In a way Bakugou-kun is not wrong when he calls him an idiot....', he thought to himself.

He was pondering about the same when he felt something hard near his feet. These days he had been building his stamina and exhausted himself so he was slow to react and stumbled.

Just when he thought he would fall head first to the ground, he was grabbed by a strong arm,

"Be careful", Bakugou said as he lifted him up and stared at him.

When he was sure Nijirou wasn't injured anywhere he slid his hand to hold the other's, intertwining their fingers naturally.

He then turned back around and continued walking,

'His hand is cold like always', he smiled as he thought to himself.

'I thought he would let go of my hand after helping me...', Nijirou followed behind him confusedly.

"Wowww!!", Kirishima's voice from up ahead made them turn forward.

"Is there really a stream?", Nijirou was curious and walked ahead of Bakugou.

Standing beside Kirishima, he was astonished, "It really exists..."

The 'stream' Kirishima mentioned was actually much larger than expected. Seen from a distance, one couldn't even see its end. The towering trees which had been surrounding them from the past week seemed to have disappeared, replaced by the quiet sound of flowing water and waves.

"Its so huge...", Kirishima was shocked.

Bakugou was not as interested in the stream as them, he followed behind Nijirou while making sure he didn't fall; when he saw the huge water body in front of him he didn't have much of a reaction.

But when he turned and saw both of them being astonished and excited beside him he couldn't help but laugh,

"What, never seen a stream before?", he said as he let go of Nijirou's hand and put it on his shoulder instead.

Nijirou snapped out of his daze and laughed too, "Never saw such a huge one before."

Bakugou smiled when he saw his red cheeks and leaned closer involuntarily before closing his eyes. The calm sound of water rippling made his mood better,

'That training made me so exhausted', he hadn't had such a peaceful and comfortable afternoon in a long time.

'Its also because I have them by my side right now', he couldn't imagine how much tougher it would've been for him to survive the hellish training without Kirishima and Nijirou.

In all his life he had never imagined having any friends, it was because he had believed there would never be anyone greater or stronger than him. Even when this belief was broken after joining UA, it didn't encourage him to make friends, instead making him more repellant to the idea. He wanted to defeat everyone and be the greatest, not make friends.

'But after he came...', it was so much easier to make friends than he had thought. Nijirou was like an innocent creature who suddenly appeared, making Bakugou flustered.