|| 5. Train To Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"So embarrassing..."

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N navigated through the bustling station. She asbentmindely pushed her cart forward as she headed toward the familiar pillar marked 9 3/4. Just as she was about to pass through, she heard her name being called.

"Oi, Y/N!" Ron's voice exclaimed. "You're not leaving without us, are you?" Y/N turned around, seeing the Weasley family and Harry approaching.

"I was waiting for you," Y/N replied.

"Well, we're here—" Ron declared.

"Oh, shush and hurry up! The train leaves in 5 minutes!" Molly quickly interjected, ushering the Weasleys through the invisible barrier. "Come on, hurry up! Go on!" she urged, giving Y/N a gentle nudge.

As Y/N passed through the barrier, she expected to stumble back a bit as usual. However, this time she collided with something—someone. She turned around in surprise, her eyes widening as she took in the sight.

"Y/N?" A young girl, roughly a year younger than her, stood before her. The girl had short blonde hair that fell to her jawline and a pair of strikingly mismatched eyes—one blue and the other similar with a mix of— red?

"Agil," Y/N murmured. Bitter memories washed over as she recognizedher her half-sister. Her jaw clenched involuntarily at the sight, memories and emotions rushing to the surface.

"Oh, it's so lovely to meet you finally! I've wanted to meet you ever since I was—" Agil started to speak, her eyes lighting up as if she had met her lifelong hero.

"You've mistaken me for someone else," Y/N said coldly, brushing past the girl.

Her expression turned dark, and she began to walk away with short, bated breaths. Panic started to rise within her, and her eyes darted around the station. She picked up her pace, distancing herself from Agil. Her heart raced, and her mind seemed to spiral.

Suddenly, a hand touched her shoulder, causing her to jump and her panic to intensify.

"Don't fucking touch me—!" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and anger. But then she stopped abruptly, her breath catched. Hermione stood before her, her concerned gaze fixed on Y/N's face.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, her voice gentle and empathetic. Y/N's breathing began to normalize as she calmed down at the sight of her 'friend'.

"It really doesn't concern you," Y/N grumbled and pushed Hermione's hand away as she gathered herself and stepped onto the train.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N slumped onto an empty compartment seat, feeling a mixture of relief and frustration as she found a space to herself. She let out a sigh, her fingers absentmindedly tugged at her collar as she tried to shake off her annoyance. And she buried her face in her hands, she groaned softly, her head tilted back in exasperation.

The compartment door slid open, revealing a familiar Gryffindor who peeked her head inside. "Is this compartment taken— oh," she started to ask before her gaze landed on Y/N.

"Hermione," Y/N murmured, her voice tinged with a mix of resignation and annoyance.

"Nevermind," Hermione muttered, her cheeks reddened slightly as she quickly moved to close the door.

"You can stay if you want," Y/N said bluntly, arms crossed, head high with her eyes out the window as if she didn't care.

"I don't want to intrude," Hermione replied with a hint of defensiveness.