"Nothing matters... Just you and me"

Start from the beginning

But Michael didn't move, just kept staring at the detective and heavily breathing. God he was so irritated, specially when mentioned the sanatorium again...

The tension grew even more, tho the threat was nothing more but a bluff, and Michael knew that.

The place they were at was extremely hard to get in a car, the other police officers lost track of him almost as quickly as they found it. This confrontation is between the two of them, for now...

—"This is unfair, I know. I too wish things went different... You really managed to make (Y/N) happy, thank you for that."—

The grip on his knife only tightened, hearing the detective say her name only pisses him more.

Joseph notices this subtle change and just sighs tiredly.

—"...This confrontation cannot be evaded, huh?"—

No response.

—"Unfortunate... In that case, I hope you said 'goodbye' to (Y/N) because I doubt you'll be able to go home again."—

This phrase made Michael pause for a second, a second long enough to finally break the little patience and control he had over him, finally allowing his anger to take the best of him.

The only idea of not being able to see (Y/N) ever again affects him more than anything, it almost hurts.

Knife high in hand Michael finally makes a move, despite simply walking he quickly cuts distance between him and the detective, however the dark haired man proved that he's not going to be an easy catch.

Michael comes closer? Joseph puts distance. Is Michael about to swing his knife? Joseph is already making a run for at the last second and all Michael gets is a small cut on his dark trench coat.

This whole secuencie was nothing but a cat and mouse chaise, the mouse being clearly smarter than most of the past victims.

However Michael is known by making the most unexpected plays at the most unexpected moments. By timing one of the detective's escape attempts right, the masked man managed to get a grab on his trench coat and with a rough push Joseph's body was slammed to the ground.

This is it, a clear sta-

Bang!

A shot right into Michael's face, impact making the larger man stumble back. A single line of blood coming out of the right eye hole of his mask.

It should give enough time for Joseph to get up and put distance again. However, Michael pushed through the pain, not caring even about another pair of shots that attempted to slow him down, all thanks to the adrenaline and anger.

Both males were now on the ground, Michael trying to stab Joseph while the detective was trying to shoot Myers in the face again.

The confrontation continues for a minute or two until Joseph's pistol was finally snatched away and thrown into the darkness.

Ones having a firm grip on the detective's neck, the masked man lifts his knife. It's owe-

["Joseph!"]

The sudden voice coming from the detective's radio caught the attention of both males. The small device was simply lying on the ground, probably fell durning the fight.

["Did Myers come back? Some residents from the 'Prescott street 07' are reporting a commotion coming out of the (L/N) residence, like yells, screams, objects falling..."]