"Forgotten angst and warnings"

—"Ugh, I'm a moron."— you groan in frustration and run your hands trough your face. —"I should have stayed quiet."— you mumble in frustration.

It was already next day, the day before Halloween and that stupid 'date' deal. Right now (Y/N) was walking trough the little forest in Haddonfield with Olivia. It was noon and the forest was particularly beautiful, all thanks to the reddish and yellowish colors of the leafs and the golden rays of sunshine running trough the trees. The walk was extremely relaxing, even if today's weather was chilling.

—"Come on (Y/N), aren't you being a bit dramatic? Maybe it will turn out actually great!"— Olivia tries to cheer you up with her happy-go-lucky tone.

—"Don't you remember Caleb's terrible pick up lines? Well I have to hear them almost in every sentence that leaves his mouth."— you grumpily huff under your breath.

—"And are you really forced to go? Can't you like... Ignore him or make an excuse about having something important?"— she tilts her head with a reading smile.

—"Oh yeah, it's not like this was the first freaking things that came to my mind."— you reply with a sarcastic tone, pretending to be surprised. —"Sadly, Logan was a step ahead of me and... Uh... Let's just say that today in the morning he made it really clear that ether I go or he will make an origami with my skeleton."—

—"Wait, he threatened you?!"—

—"Yeah, and no, police won't do shit about it because Y'know, misogyny rules nowadays."— you sigh with disappointment. —"And uh... Sorry for ranting so much, I just needed to let it out."— you glance at Olivia apologetically.

—"It's alright bud, I understand. Are you feeling better now?"— she puts her hand on your shoulder and gives you a gentle squeeze.

—"Yes, way better."— you breath deeply and your face changes into a determined one. —"Okay now I'm definitely okay and ready. I just need to get over it and move on."—

—"That's the spirit! Plus maybe it won't be that bad, what if he's actually a good guy who sucks at flirting? Like, have you ever had such persistent admirer?"—

Olivia's words made (Y/N) thoughtful. The female slightly slows her pace and looks down, rummaging trough her memories. As far as she remembers... No, no man ever payed so much attention to her, or at least until she would show her face and the rest of the scars on her body. The female already learned to live with her appearance and she accepted these marks as part of her, but it still hurt sometimes, it still hurt to see the disgusted glances people would give her, as if she was some sort of atrocity. A wave of angst and sulk flowered inside her chest at some specific memories... The memories of her going to a piano auditions.

(Y/N) remembers these days as if they happened last week. She remembers how the juries would always get incredibly amazed by her skills and personal compositions, but such amazement would quickly wash away as soon as her full face was revealed... Despite them trying to sound nice and professional the female knew, she knew exactly why they were refusing to give her the pass. She knew people never even tried to see her, or her skills... Or her feelings... Or her as a human being in general... All they saw were her scars and the distorted version of story that Loomis's book told.

Without saying a word, the (h/c) haired female pulls the hood of her cardigan, wanting to cover her face and hide it behind this fragile and improvised secure blanket.

The sudden change in the atmosphere made Olivia feel a bit uncomfortable and concerned, had she said something she shouldn't? Before she could open her mouth to ask, (Y/N) spoke first.