3. "Bad Luck Charm."

ابدأ من البداية

Which was a mistake.

Not to your knowledge, some spiders were residing within the pretty rose bush. They seemed to have noticed you, and were quite intrigued by your appearance for some reason. Curiosity got the best of them, and they had begun to crawl from the ground up and onto you. Luckily, at first, you were in a daydream. The spiders really meant no harm, they were simply curious and wanted to explore. But, curiosity killed the cat.

Feeling a crawling sensation on your arm, you look down and immediately yelp as you see the eight legged creature. Rushing to get the scary looking thing off of you, you quickly slap your arm as a way to either scare it— if you did not hit it— or kill it. Still shrieking in fear, you continuously slap your arm before noticing the rest of the family on your legs.

"What the hell?!" You panicked, starting to kick your own legs using the other. You looked like you were tapdancing. "No, no, no! Die, please, I beg!"

Spiders were a weak point. A spider is used against you, the spider will win. All pride mustered up before facing a spider— poof. Gone.

-

"[Name] definitely has a quirk," Haruto mumbled to himself. A pile of multiple files was displayed in front of him. Oji was in the corner, smiling. He seemed to have taken notice of his happy expression. "Why are you smiling?"

"I just thought that it was funny you completely lost your cool in there," Oji chuckled, recalling the event the two shared with you. "That little [Hair Color]-ette really got the best of us, huh? Surprising us with a zombie... that's something nobody's ever done."

"I don't think it was intentional."

"Really?" He tilted his head, coughing. "Everyone in this world knows who we are. We gather people who can't control their quirks. People dread being with us. She may have tried to use that as an escape."

"But, you told me she was telling the truth." Haruto turned to him, his red eyes glistening. Oji's dull blue eyes withered down slowly to the ground. "Right?"

"Right, but..." The larger male sighed, shaking his head. "We don't know that. She's probably doing some sort of mind trick on herself, and thinks she was in a whole different world."

"Even so—!" Haruto suddenly spoke up louder than intended. He cleared his throat, "Even so, it really seemed to me that she wasn't lying. I don't have your quirk, so it's obviously harder for me, but—"

"Haruto." Oji sternly spoke. "She's probably forced herself to believe her delusional world was real. That's why she's coming off as telling the truth, even to me."

"Don't you know?" He pursed his lips. "You know when they're lying. Even deep down. [Name] was too desperate in proving her situation, and with her quirk... even though she denies, she still summoned that zombie. We know, Oji. We know. That is why she is here."

"I know we know, damn it," he started to pace around the room. "She told the truth. Nothing seemed off about her thoughts... she was only panicking because she's in a place she's not used to."

"Exactly!" Haruto yelled. "That is what brings me to the conclusion she's probably not even right in the head!"

"Which brings me back to my first point," Oji started speaking louder. "That she knows who we are, and is at the moment, trying to get away!"

The silence was loud, it was screaming.

"If she isn't right in the head... any addict like her—"

"Woah, hey there!" Haruto immediately stopped his sentence. "Addict? She's a kid!"

"Teenagers do those things, you know," Oji bluntly stated. "Raised by the wrong crowd, they are the wrong crowd. We got kids vaping at the age of nine now, what's so surprising?"

Haruto had no words for his statement. There was really no proof he could use.

"Oji, just... hear me out," he begged, bowing down. "Please."

"Go on."

"She wasn't trying to escape," Haruto sighed in relief. "She... unintentionally formed it. Just how she unintentionally formed her baseball bat."

"Haruto, just tell me what her quirk is. You have that information."

"Atoms. Atomic manipulation. That girl— she... she can do anything. She can tear us apart... literally."

"Atomic manipulation? That only existed in comics. I'm surprised," Oji muttered to himself, thinking. "Her origin?"

"A place not from here," Haruto responded, grabbing a file. "I've looked all over the internet, and you know, it has every single location. But this place... didn't exist."

"You can't be serious," his blue eyes looked straight into his red ones. "Nonexistent?"

"Nonexistent," he concluded. "So, falling from the sky from another world. The only question I have now is... how did she get here? Or what got her here?"

"... Also, different question, why do you always tell people you're quirkless?"

"I tell people that because I don't want All for One on my ass."

"I forgot about that guy..."

"Yeah, forgot. Just forget the most threatening person on this planet... yeah."

"My bad?"

-

"Ah! Get off of me, scum!" You cried, still trying to get the spiders off. For the ones that you did not kill yet, it still continued to crawl up your legs. "God— I wish I could just fucking burn you all!" You stressed, magically hoping something would happen.

Well, something magical did happen.

The little spiders ignited into flames and ashes.

You stopped for a moment, looking at your legs. The flames disappeared once the spiders were gone. Relief washed over you, and you sat back down on the bench only to discover a new friend.

Mama spider.

"No, not again," You sighed, shaking your head. "I'm tired of it. I'm sorry for killing your babies, okay?"

Mama spider didn't accept the apology, she inched closer and closer towards you.

"I'm going to fucking squash you if you come any closer—"

Suddenly, a void of black fur passed you, snatching the feisty creature into its mouth. You finally notice as the fur ball stopped, and it was a black cat. Its green eyes were menacing, and it stared at you with hunger. The spider flinged around in its mouth, but couldn't get out. Alas, the cat snapped down on the spider, eating it.

"Wh... What the fuck...?" You stuttered, absolutely horrified at what had happened to you in the courtyard. The cat purred, sitting right next to you on the bench. It seemed to not mind you at all. "Hey, don't black cats mean bad luck?!" You groaned in realization, leaning back to look at the sky.

What was once a light blue was now an orange hue. It's time to go inside.