⋆ ✦ ˚。 Part nine ˚。⋆

Bắt đầu từ đầu

There was another beep that signaled the end of the intercom announcement. Everyone's collective held breaths finally escaped them, and it was like a heavy air finally lifted from the classroom. Students began to faintly murmur amongst themselves again, I made out bits and pieces about Kafka and the club event.

Despite the ominous air, the announcement did peak my interest. It would be fun to check out all the clubs, even if I had no intention of joining any. I quickly grabbed my notebook, writing down a careful reminder for myself.

__ __

As lunched passed, neither March nor Dan Heng came to pester me again. On my first few days I ate with Serval and Pela, just because I was getting used to things. After that though, I was mostly by myself. Going off on my own and trying to keep some distance between the others and me. The whole encounter with Kafka only made this distancing worse—but it was inevitable from the start.

Right now, we were about ten minutes into lunch period. I wanted to get a head start of checking out the clubs, so I ate rather quickly. I was now on my way through the main hallway, where everything was set up. The sheer amount of students was somewhat overwhelming. I could barely see some of the more popular clubs because of the gathering crowds around them.

Then as I struggled to find my way through, someone reached out to grab my hand. When I turned to see who, I was met with a troublesome pair of green eyes.

"We meet again strange second year."

"Let go of my hand Koski." I playfully yanked it from his grasp, garnering a fake expression of hurt from the male.

"So cold!"

"What are you even doing here? You don't take me as the type to enjoy this kind of event."

"You're right, it's boringgggg—but! The cooking club always has the best free food, on top of the other stuff these clubs give out." A smirk tugged at his lips. "Anyways, what would you be doing here?"

"Just looking around for something interesting."

"Interesting you say? Then, why not tag along with m-"

"Ah, I didn't expect to see you here." A voice that could've only belonged to Serval's dearest brother, made his way through the packed hallway. He must have been to focused on myself, because his mood dropped upon seeing the sly man trying to take me away. The blond saw Sampo's hand holding my wrist, and his eyes grew dark with irritation.

"Well if it isn't my pesky little junior!" Although Sampo tried to act cheery, it was clear this was masking his seething hatred for male next to me.

"What are you doing to her? Is he harassing you?" His original question was aimed at Sampo, but Gepard was more concerned about me. He gave me a very worried look, not letting me answer as he glared at the troublesome man once more. "I won't let you harass my senior. Get lost Sampo Koski!"

"Hey now hey now, don't be so quick to push me away. Me and this second year are good friends. Right darling~?" He sent me a wink, which almost made me puke up my lunch. Gepard wasn't happy either, tightening his fists.

"You'd better leave us alone or I'll have to call over the Silvermane disciplinary." The thought of more detention sent chills down Sampo's spine and his face contorted slightly, out of fear. He stood his ground however, much to my dismay.