Ch. 12 - The Truth of You

Heh.

~~~~~~~

Dorothy infiltrated her way into an underground sex trafficking center. This was her personal mission given by the Director and she wasn't going to mess it up. She needed to find that control room she spent weeks memorizing the layout of the base for. She needed to find it because that was how she would get the information needed to shut not just this center, but their whole organization down. It was the most important mission to her that she'd been assigned yet.

She snuck against a wall when she heard voices coming from a room at the side of the hallway she was in. Her back to the door, she carefully turned her head to peek inside, seeing a circle of men laughing and smoking together. She was disgusted. They'd hurt thousands of young girls across the world and here they all were having a good laugh.

She pressed her earpiece and spoke quietly into it, "I have targets in range, requesting authorization to kill."

Her best friend's voice came from the other end, "Negative, Agent Panzera," Eamon instructed, "Continue with your assigned mission to infiltrate and compromise."

Dorothy sneered at the rejection, glaring at the scene before her. "Copy."

She turned around and began creeping down the long, dark hallway she was in. Rage boiled inside her though. How could SHIELD allow this to go on for so long? They knew about this for months and yet they continued to allow innocent women to suffer at the hands of sick traffickers. She kept bitterly stewing over the situation until her anger finally boiled over.

"Agent Panzera, you have orders to continue with your mission. Dorothy!"

She consciously tuned Eamon's warnings out and stormed back to the room.

~~~~~~~

Brock Rumlow was the one to bring her in, much to her displeasure. Blood stained her skin and her SHIELD uniform, bringing further dishonor to her among her fellow agents. Her hands held behind her back, she was compliant as Rumlow led her up to Director Fury's office. Dorothy stood there and took the reprimanding.

"You should be dishonorably discharged from SHIELD for disobeying direct orders, Agent! I cannot believe the absolute ignorance and insubordination that you showed out on the field. Why in the motherfucking hell would you do that?"

"I did what I needed to. Those women, little girls in there were suffering because we're not doing anything!"

"However heroic you put it, that's not your call to make, Agent. Your job was to get in and out."

"I understand that, Director."

Fury pinched his nose and sighed. Then said, "Look, I actually respect what you did. You can't tell anybody I said that, though."

A small smile was shown on her face. "I won't, sir."

"I'm not gonna fire you, but I'm gonna have to give you a long suspension. We'll see what happens when you come back, alright? I might just reassign you."

"A suspension? Are you kidding me?"

That'll show up on background checks... and Brock snickering in her ear behind her didn't help either.

"Do I look like I ever kid?"

She wanted to sass-mouth him, but didn't. "No, sir."

"You're dismissed then. Let her go, Agent Rumlow."

With a final, harsh squeeze of her wrists, Brock let her go with a small shove. She glared at him as she walked past him and out of the office.

~~~~~~~