1. "New World, I'm Delusional!"

⚠️ STORY MAY CONTAIN SENSITIVE TOPICS SUCH AS THE FOLLOWING;

DEATH

MURDER

AND POSSIBLE OTHERS.

READ WITH CAUTION.

Backed into a corner, crying, sobbing, wailing... panicking. Man-eating creatures who were once normal breathing humans, now mindless zombies that only have a similar goal, to eat humans, currently surround you as the trembling fear of death engulfs your thoughts. Never in your life had death scared you badly, but for some reason, when your future is displayed right in front of you, it strikes a chord within you. The wind swept your face, the groaning of the zombies becoming louder and louder as they came nearer. You shut your eyes, preparing for whatever was to come next. Whatever was in the environment hit your face— was it sand? The world became so destroyed after the virus broke out. Hospitals were useless, absolutely no treatment at all. The Safe Haven, a place where the rich escaped to, closed off to the public for obvious reasons; You had no power, you did not deserve to live.

The waves crashed below you, opening your eyes once more looking down. You bit your tongue purposely, trying to figure out whether or not the jump would be worth it. The zombies closed in on you, the once living things making their desperate way towards you. You swallowed. The wind started to get harsher, and rough footsteps came your way. Gunshots were fired, the zombies turned their attention towards the source. It was the known organization outside of The Safe Haven, they called themselves The Dead Hunters.

Even though they are here now, some zombies still haven't taken their attention away from you. They kept coming closer and closer, and there was nothing you could do to fend them off. You were only a defenseless female, and that was that. Rapidly looking around to see if there was just anything you could use, a sudden hand grabbed your arm and you screamed. The undead man beside you breathed, slowly going down to bite you. Quickly grabbing onto its head, you rip off the fragile thing and throw it into the water below. A splash sound isn't even heard, since the waves continue to endlessly bash against each other. You swallowed once more, unsure of what to even do in this situation. Your baseball bat was many of your weapons you usually used to kill the zombies, but it was quite literally nowhere to be seen, and it was way too risky to even try to get it.

At last, you finally come to the conclusion to jump off the bridge. Death by zombies, or death by drowning... have it be drowning. You do not want to turn into a lifeless creature with the only goal to eat human flesh.

Looking down, a dropping sensation was in your stomach. You readied yourself for death.

"Three...

Two...

One."

-

Birds. Chirping. The annoying sounds of seagulls. How you haven't heard those in such a long time...

Wait, you aren't dead?

You shot up quickly, finally looking at your surroundings. You're stranded on a clean beach, the sky was blue as it once was. A sense of relief and nostalgia filled your veins, but this all had to be a dream. The warmth of the sun embracing you, the soft breeze filled with pure air. A world in front of you, not a desolate area where the undead roam.

"Hey, hey! Kid!" A voice rushed by you. "Are you alright?"

"... The fuck are you?" You questioned. The scene in front of you displayed a strange one. A man, yet not really a man, with a cat for a head.