Chapter Seven

Harry's P.O.V. 

Flashback

I apparated to the Forrest of Dean first. Not exactly a place for vacation especially after the memories I had here, but that's just it this is the place where two years ago Hermione had made the comment that perhaps we should just stay here and grow old together. A complete and total joy entered  when she told me those words and for a moment I thought she was being serious. But then the look on her face told a different story. I didn't stay for too long but I just wanted to walk through the Forest and sit in the place where I thought my dreams were coming true. After that I just started traveling around. I started in The States making my way to all fifty I didn't really visit the magical parts of towns I didn't have a need or want to. Afterwards I went back to Australia I wanted to see more after giving the Grangers their memories back but I also wanted to get them settled back in London so I promised myself I'd return eventually. I frequently brought the Grangers different souvenirs when I visited monthly. It was nice to see the Grangers, they loved hearing the tales of my travels and I'd like hearing how things were with them. Those conversations made me realized that I loved how tea and coffee bring people together to speak and tell their stories. So after I was done in Australia and after a year I decided my last destination of my travels. 

I went ahead and fixed up my parents cottage in  Hollow. It wasn't in any means easy because of the things that happened there but the Grangers got me through it. Instead of tearing it down Mr. Granger and I simply repaired what was damaged. I gave Mrs. Granger the green light and she redecorated the place making it feel like home. After the reparations were made, I saw that there was a small shop that was for sale. I bought it immediately and  turned it into a coffee shop. I called it The Untold a place where people could come in and get a cup of coffee or tea and tell their story.

That was two years ago now, business was amazing at the coffee shop there were new and old faces and all of us doing the same telling our story. I still thought about Hermione everyday despite the pain it brought me at times. Even with her parents coming to visit me frequently she never seemed to find me. Although I doubt she was doing much looking. Like it was planned she and Ron married. Other than that I didn't know anything regarding them and I'm pretty sure I preferred it that way. What I told Hermione two years ago was true I had and still have no plans of there being a Mrs. Potter. Godric's Hollow is mostly filled with older folks, they often try prying into why I haven't brought a girl home yet to make the next generation of Potters. I reply by simply telling them that I am far too busy to start a family. I can tell they don't buy it but it keeps the questions to a minimum. 

I get up from my seat at the kitchen table and make my way up to my bedroom to get ready for the day. I open m dresser taking out a short sleeved button up and jeans. I'm in the midst of putting the last button on when I hear a knock at the door. 'Hmm I wonder what has the Grangers here this early.' Mr. and Mrs. Granger had sold their dental practice and gone into retirement about six months after I opened up the shop. They often come in and help me run it in the afternoon, they try not having me pay but one way or another I give them something for helping me even if it is cooking them a warm meal after a hard days work. "I'll be there in a minute!" I hurriedly put the last button hoping that everything was alright. I make my way down the stairs and approach the door. I swing the door open without looking and turn back towards my closet to grab my hat.

 "Come on in Mr. and Mrs. Granger, I was just about to head out to the shop." I open the closet door looking for said hat. I hear the front door close but no words are coming out of either Granger. After what feels like five minutes I find the hat and put it on turning around to properly greet the Grangers. When I turn on my heel I am nearly floored at who I see standing in the entrance of my home 'It can't be'  I turn once again this time bolting it up the stairs back to my room. I slam the door shut behind me sitting up against it. I feel the magic rippling off me I just put the heaviest locking charm I could on that door. I try apparating but I can't. There aren't any anti-apparation wards, but it's as if my magic won't let me. I try again and again and to avail I am stuck here. I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I stay silent hoping, wishing, and praying that she goes away. The knocking stopped and for a moment I thought that it worked. When I went to get up I am met with the sound of crying. No matter how much I tried running and hiding, I knew that if there was one thing on this earth that I couldn't run or hide from was Hermione crying. I will my magic to release the heavy locking charm. I get up and turn the knob to the door. I look up and there she is, her eyes red from the tears pouring out from them. For a moment my mind goes back to two years ago when I saw her on the other side of my door, the night that everything changed between us. I bring myself out of my memory and look back to the present day Hermione. With a sad smile I greet her. "Hello Hermione."   

Ahhh I know I'm sorry I don't like cliff hangers either but I wanted to get this out before the start of the weekend. I'll try writing another tomorrow but I make no promises.