Better Than We Found It (Season 4 Special Part 4 FINALE)

Start from the beginning

"Let's hope mumsy is okay..." Hoped Mei, looking in slight worry for you.

"Yeah...If Azure is in that amount of pain, trying to control the power of the previous Emperor...Who knows how much (Y/N)'s pain worsened..." Tang said, the others looked in fear of realization that you could...

die...

"But she's immortal, right? Even if the Lotus Prince said that she could die, she's got infinite lives." Said Sandy, trying to put in hope for the team.

"That may be so, but there are other methods of killing an immortal like the Goddess of Balance, either by destroying the balance of the universe or making her use a seal that will take away her immortality." Stated Yellowtusk, "The chances are slim for her to live in these conditions, even if she is many times immortal."

That got the group to look in sheer shock and horror at the now-known fact.

"NO!!"

The group turned to see Macaque, not believing what Yellowtusk stated.

"Lotus is strong, I know so. She's the strongest female warrior I had the grace to meet and get to know. The only person I know who can prevail over anything that comes her way is her! I'm certain of that. She won't die here, not now. I have faith in her and her resolve, if she's MK's mother, she's stronger than she is." Stated Macaque.

This was one of the first few times Macaque showed any other emotion other than sarcasm or annoyance, he was determined you'd live this. You had to.

'You're not dying here, Lotus. You can't...You're too special for the world to lose. Wukong better has found something to save you.' The dark monkey thought, still blocking the power of the Jade Emperor.

Once Wukong and you arrived, Azure went to strike but Wukong stopped him, "Azure, just stop, okay? You've won, you're going to destroy us just like you wanted. Us and the entire universe."

"No...This is not what I wanted...I can still fix this! It's the whole reason I'm here at all," he protested.

"Wait, how are you here?" Asked the Great Sage.

"What? What kind of question is that?! You know exactly why-" Azure was cut off by your husband.

"No, not now. I put you in the Underworld myself. How'd you get out? How'd you get the scroll? I know for sure you didn't steal it. You couldn't have..." Wukong had a surprised face once realizing what was going on.

Azure realized as well, not sure of himself, "I...I don't know I-I was..."

"Azure, who gave you that scroll? Because whoever it was, they must've known this would happen, wanted this to happen. And they used you to do it." The Monkey King went on to explain whoever gave Azure the scroll predicted this fate. (Maybe it's the mayor?)

Your pain lessened when realizing Azure stopped fighting.

The lion started to cry, realizing what he had done, "I...I just wanted to make the world a better place."

"You still can. You're the only one who can." Said MK, looking over his mother who was still in slight pain, but is doing better.

"Her majesty...she..." Started Azure, looking at Wukong's face who held a worried look toward you.

"She's connected to the earth and realms as much as you are right now, Azure. Unless the only person fixes it, she won't live." Stated Wukong, brushing a hair strand out of your face.