"I mean-" Lauryn turned to Mariah. "It's not a bad idea."

"We should at least ask her opinion. Objective and out of the group." Beya added by putting the palm of her hand on Tania's face to push her and to be able to see Lauryn.

"Exactly." Lauryn nodded, crossing her arms. "She's her friend too after all."

"So it's decided ? Are we going to see Carpenter ?" Tania asked, slapping Beya's hand, who was already glaring at her.

Everyone nodded.

"Let's go !" Frankie clapped her hands and stood up dragging the girls with her.

Mariah got up followed by Tania and they left Mabel's apartment followed closely by Lauryn and Beya behind her.

They barely took a few steps and found themselves in front of the Carpenter sisters' apartment.

"Who knock ?" Frankie asked clasping her hands with flushed cheeks.

"What ? You're not going to ?" Tania asked in disbelief raising her eyebrows.

"Dude you're literally the one who got here first. You led the group. You knock." Beya muttered-yelled, rolling her eyes.

"N-no-" "What do you mean no ?" Tania Lauryn and Beya screamed at the same time making her jump.

"Oh my god." Mariah grumbled before banging on the door shutting everyone up.

Footsteps sounded from inside. Several locks unlocked and the door opened.

"Ah."

"Uh oh." 

"Wrong Carpenter."

"Shut up Tania-" She mumbled, nudging her at her words.

"Tara's not here guys, sorry." Sam said watching the four girls staring at her.

"Yeah sorry, we'll come back later to see her." Tania says quickly and everyone twists to turn around.

"And you, could you help us make a surprise for Mabel's return ?"

"Frankie..." Mariah and Tania growled.

Beya came dangerously close to her, rolling up her sleeves but Lauryn grabbed her by her hips to pull her back.

Sam had to hold back a laugh, she hadn't noticed the smaller girl so far, she must have been hiding by the tall blonde.

"I mean, we're not the greatest of friends. But I can help you, if you guys need me." She answered kindly to the girl who was standing at the doorstep.

"Do you know, for example, what she would like more than ice cream ?" She asked smiling.

"A lemon cake." She answered almost immediately, rather sure of herself.

Mariah licked the inside of her cheek and raised her eyebrows. "Sounds like you're pretty well informed for a not the greatest of friend."

Sam turned and met the redhead's gaze. Mistrustful.

"I mean, even for a not-so-good friend, I know Mabel minimally. And you should know the answer to your own question if even you were just normal friends." She replied with a barely noticeable smirk as she leaned against the frame of her door.

Tania opened her mouth wide and brought her hand over it in shock.

"You guys know where to find me." She smiled wider before closing the door.