6.

When they arrived home.

Angel is in the bed, with her pyjamas on her. Tom's phone is ringing but he is in the shower. She sees that a girl is calling him.

"Tom, someone is calling you!", Angel says.

Tom hurries out of the shower, getting dressed and drying himself off before he hears Angel's voice. His heart sinks a little...he doesn't want to have anymore surprises. He has had enough of them for one day. He quickly gets dressed into some comfy clothes, and then rushes towards Angel.

"Who's calling?", he asks as he joins her in the bed. "Tell me now before I speak to her. I need to know."

"Is a girl named Laura, I think. In your contact's the name has a heart.", she says.

Now she doesn't know what she should believe anymore.

Tom's heart sinks, and the worry returns to his eyes. The thought that he has any other contact with any other heart besides Angel...it truly breaks his heart.

He sighs and rubs the back of his neck nervously. He feels like his heart is being pushed up through his throat, but he tries to keep it together. He wants Angel to trust him, and so he knows he can't get angry. He has to prove that she can trust him...and for her, he would give anything.

"Alright. I'm going to answer it."

Angel nods.

"Here we go. I will see if he loves me or not."

Angel looks at him with no emotion.

She has a lot of things in her mind. She has a lot of emotions in her heart and her heart is pounding fast. She sighs.
Angel is looking at the ground. She hopes that Tom doesn't do anything bad. She just... hopes.
She doesn't trust him at all in this moment. She knows that he can change his opinion very easy and she is scared about that. She is scared that he can leave her when she started to love him.

"Tom?", Laura asks.

Tom's heart beats faster for a moment. It's Laura...his heart sinks even further down into his chest, and he knows that it's time he tells both her and Angel the truth. He takes a deep breath before answering.

"Yes, it's me, Laura. What is it?" He asks as he keeps the phone held against his ear, still looking over at Angel. It's time that he tells them. He hopes he can make it up to his Angel. He really, really hopes that she will be able to trust him.

"Can we meet, please?"

His heart sinks, and he feels a deep sadness take a hold of him. Laura...he's always had a certain kind of feeling for her, but he knows that it will never be possible. He's married now, and he's happy and he's in love with another woman...but he can't help but feel a deep sadness when he thinks of Laura.

"For what purpose?", he asks, his voice a little bit cold as he tries to push the sadness away.

"I want to talk with you. Please."

He pauses, his heart aching as she begs him. It breaks his heart to hurt Laura...but at the end of the day, he loves his Angel, and that will never change.

"Fine. But I cannot make any promises about what happens afterwards.", he says in a softer voice, a hint of sadness in his tone.
"I'll meet you. Just give me a time and place."

Laura gives him the time and the place.

"I'll be right there.", he sighs, and he hangs up the phone. He puts his phone down on his side table before he looks back to Angel.
"Angel...I've got to go out for a while. We will talk about this when I get back, okay?", he says, hoping that she will trust him. He looks at her with loving eyes, hoping that no matter what, she won't be mad at him and would instead understand his choices now.