''You're good?'' I nodded.

''don't do shit like that ever again.'' I heard Leonidas say.

I grinned. ''I'll try,'' I said. My reaction was cool, but deep down I felt my own worry. This was getting out of hand. 

''Well, we got to go. We need to be back before dark. See you later Cadoc.'' Leonidas said his goodbye nodding at Cadoc.

''Never thought that we would meet like this,'' Cadoc said as he helped me back up. I didn't waste any time. Cadoc would know if Nemesis or Dax were alive.

''Please tell me you found Nemesis.''

Cadoc's eyes changed. I couldn't see what kind of emotion. A shiver went down my spine at the thought that something worse happened to them.

''That is not up to me to tell you. First, you meet King Axel, then we can talk. Okay?''

Why should I meet the king? After all. I was just a knight. Not important and replaceable.

"He has been dying to meet you." I raised my eyebrow at Cadoc's words. Axel? The king wanted to meet me? I came all this way. My team lost, my body was broken and my mind shattered. What had I left that someone would want?

''Follow me.'' As Cadoc let me further inside the castle. Big and strong were words that I'll use to describe the power that I felt when walking through the giant South Whisker castle. The only pack who ever built a castle and was now ruling over all the wolves born into this world. With all the other packs loyal to the only Alpha king that existed.

Cadoc stopped in front of a pair of doors. These also had the South Whisker symbol carved into them. Decorated with golden details like the entire castle was.

''I will stay here. He wants to have some privacy with you.''

I was still clueless about what he was talking about. I turned to the big doors. Cadoc left me to myself. I took a big breath. I could do this. No big deal. I reached with my hand to the big door. I pushed them open and looked into a giant throne hall. At the end was the throne. It shined gold in the sunlight.

As I walked through the throne hall, the gloriousness of the golden details catches my eye. The detailed carvings on the pillars and the frames of the paintings on the walls add to the majestic atmosphere. I approached the end of the hall where I saw Axel, to the left of the throne. He looked outside of a giant window. It was about three meters high. The sun's rays shined on his skin which made him look magnificent. He had white hair that flowed down his broad shoulders. His muscular arms were illustrated with complicated tattoos, each one telling a story of his many battles and conquests. Not many have seen King Axel. He had not shown his face since he became king. It was to protect his pack. His family and the legacy of the South Whisker pack. So to see him here. Alone with me in the hall. His power raided off of him I even felt the presence of his wolf. Calm and harmonizing and at the same time dominant and protecting.

"From all the people that the gods could have chosen. They chose you." He spoke softly, with a soothing voice loving and caring.

When he turned around I realized what he was talking about. Not ever had I thought about it. This was not possible but his eyes confirmed it. Crystal blue eyes piercing at mine.

I felt a presence of familiarity as I looked at him. A nervous yet exciting feeling washed over me as our eyes met. I felt like I had known him my whole life. Neither of us spoke. We just enjoyed the few minutes where we both studied one another. Axel walked forward until there we were only a meter apart. I breathe in his natural scent. Alpha pheromones that were strong yet calming. It felt like home. A feeling I had forgotten.