Be prepared

A geyser-ridden section of the Elephant Graveyard, Banzai and Ed's voices echo up the tall rocky walls. "Man, that lousy (M/n). I won't be able to sit for a week." Banzai said. Ed grins at Banzai, whose rear is covered in claw marks. Ed laughs. "It's not funny, Ed." Banzai said, and Ed laughs hysterically. "Hey, shut up!" Banzai growls. Banzai lunges at Ed and they scuffle. From a nearby ledge, Shenzi turns and glowers at the feuding Banzai and Ed. "Will you knock it off?!" Banzai and Ed break apart. Banzai points at Ed, who begins chewing on one of his own legs. "Well, he started it!" "Look at you guys!" Shenzi descends from the ledge. "No wonder we're danglin' at the bottom of the food chain." "Man, I hate danglin'." 

Banzai said with drool hanging from his muzzle. "Shyeah. You know, if it weren't for those lions, we'd be runnin' the joint." Shenzi sits, glowering. "Yeah. Man, I hate lions." Banzai said. Shenzi juts her head at Banzai. "So pushy..." she said. "And hairy..." Banzai said. Shenzi circles Banzai and juts her head at him from his other side. "And stinky..." Shenzi said. "And man, are they..." Banzai began. Banzai and Shenzi jump onto their hind legs, back-to-back. "Ugly!" The trio snicker. "Oh," Banzai and Shenzi pause midlaugh, looking fearful. Scar sits on a ledge far above them and is briefly obscured by a steaming geyser. "Surely we lions are not all that bad." She said. "Oh." Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed relax. "Oh, Scar, it's just you." Banzai said. "We were afraid it was somebody important." Shenzi said.

"Yeah, you know, like (M/n)." Banzai said. "Yeah." Shenzi said, and Scar scowls. "I see." She said. "Now, that's power." Banzai said. "Tell me about it. I just hear that name, and I shudder." Shenzi said. "(M/n)." Banzai said, and Shenzi shudders. "Ooh." Shenzi nudges Banzai. "Do it again." "(M/n)!" Shenzi shudders. "Ooh!" "(M/n)." Shenzi shudders, holding her stomach. "(M/n)." Ed rolls onto his back, giggling and holding his stomach. "(M/n)!" "Ooh!" Ed sniggers. "Ooh, it tingles me." Shenzi said. Scar holds one paw to her forehead in exasperation. "I'm surrounded by idiots." She rolls her eyes. "Now, you, Scar, I mean, you're one of us." Banzai gestures to Ed and Shenzi, who are scratching themselves. "I mean, you're our pal." Banzai said. Scar looks away, unaffected. "Charmed." She said monotonously. 

"Oh, I like that she's not queen, but she's still so proper." Shenzi holds up one paw delicately. "Yeah." Banzai juts his head at her. "Hey, hey, did you bring us anything to eat, Scar, old buddy, old pal? Huh?" Scar glowers at Banzai. "Did ya, did ya, did ya?" "I don't think you really deserve this." She pulls out a zebra haunch. Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed jump onto their hind legs, tongues lolling. "I practically gift-wrapped those cubs for you, and you couldn't even dispose of them." She drops the haunch. The haunch lands at Shenzi's, Banzai's, and Ed's paws. Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed begin to devour the haunch. "Well, you know, it wasn't exactly like they was alone, Scar." Shenzi said with her mouth full. "Yeah. What were we supposed to do?" Banzai said with his mouth full then gulps it down. "Kill (M/n)?" He asked. Scar grins and balances her chin on one paw. "Precisely." She said. Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed look up questioningly. "Huh?" The trio asked. Scar leaps down the ledge, landing in the middle of the hyenas, who scatter. She walks in-between steaming green geysers.

"I know that your powers of retention" Scar circles Ed, who is chewing on a bone. "Are as wet as a warthog's backside. But thick as you are," Scar swats the bone away. Ed salutes her. "Pay attention!" She circles Ed. "My words are a matter of pride." She waves a paw in front of an unresponsive Ed's face. "It's clear from your vacant expressions, the lights are not all on upstairs." Ed's tongue lolls out. Scar crouches, with Banzai and Shenzi in the background. "But we're talking queens and successions." Banzai and Shenzi snicker. Scar lunges at them, causing them to fall backward onto geysers. 

"Even you can't be caught unawares!" The geyser explodes, sending Banzai and Shenzi shooting into the air. Scar jumps onto a ledge. "So prepare for the chance of a lifetime." Banzai and Shenzi fall through the air behind her. "Be prepared for sensational news." Scar smirks over one shoulder. She begins sauntering along a ledge. "A shining new era is tiptoeing" she tiptoes. "Nearer." Shenzi approaches from behind a crag. "And where do we feature?" She asked. Scar grabs Shenzi's cheek. "Just listen to teacher." Shenzi stares after her in bewilderment.