Chapter 2 - Converging Paths

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

Marian carried you until both of you could hear the sound of gunfire and voices in the far distance.

Up ahead, two Nikkes were defending themselves from raptures, a woman with light brown hair clad in black and red accented combat gear wielded her assault rifle with unrelenting determination. Her partner, another Nikke dressed in yellow and gray combat clothing  fired her rocket launcher to clusters of faraway targets, all while cursing the unending rapture numbers.

"How much longer do we have to wait here?!" yelled the girl in yellow, her red partner gave a dry response

"Until they come

"Until they come." she informs.

"Yeah right, did you see that transport ship, there's no way anyone could have survived that!" countered the rocket launcher girl.

"Until we have confirmation of death we have to keep going." retorted her partner. Upon confirming the presence of other Nikkes, you and Marian approach the two to aid them against the incoming raptures.

"Everyone, we're here!" announced Marian, startling the two Nikkes.

"Gah, where the hell did you come from?!" yelped the yellow clad Nikke. Marian put you down as she began to introduce you whilst opening fire.

"I brought the commander here with me, he can lead us from here!" The yellow clad girl was about to speak before she was interrupted by her red partner.

"Very well, commander, we'll be relying on your orders for the time being, please lead us to victory."

With little experience to go on, you continue issuing orders similar to before, having Marian and the red girl towards raptures swarming on the ground while directing the girl with a rocket launcher to enemies further in the backline.