Chapter 4: A Certain Project

*Y/n Pov*

???: "You should be fine and there won't be any scars as long as you keep those bandages on and not make any big movements."

Y/n: "Alright..." I reply to the fro- I mean doctor while I look down in defeat.

Doctor: "Now what caused these damages?"

Y/n: "...I fell down the stairs."

Doctor: "Haah stairs don't cause cuts from glass."

Y/n: "It was... mean glass stairs?..." I say trying to get him to stop asking questions.

Doctor: "... Alright... I'll contact your school to tell them that you are unable to attend."

Y/n: "Alright." I reply as the doctor leaves the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

.

.

.

Y/n: '... I COULD HAVE DIED! I... ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵈᶦᵉᵈ'

I hold my knees to my chest.

Y/n: "The level upper huh? Is that what low levels need to resort to against the high levels."

Y/n: "Would I ever need to use something like that?"

Y/n: "In this world with gods, magic, and scientific corruption what can someone like me really do?"

.

.

.

_____________________

*3rd Pov*

Teacher: "... Unfortunately L/n wont be joining us today as he is in the hospital..." As the teacher continues the lesson Saten starts talking the Uiharu who was right in front of her.

Saten: "Hey what do you think happened? Do you think it's because of the bank robbery?"

Uiharu: "It probably has something to do with him not coming with us yesterday. I just hope he's ok."

Saten: "Hey let's go check on him after school."

Uiharu: "Sure."

Saten: "Hey we should brin-"

*Thwack* *Thwack*

Uiharu: "A"

Saten: "Ack"

Teacher: "Pay attention." the teacher said while holding a rolled up piece of paper.

_____________________

Y/n is now sitting in bed deep in thought with a screwdriver in hand after taking apart the clock that was by the hospital bed.

Y/n: "What do I do..."

*Creeek*

Y/n jolts up as he hears the sound of the hospital door opening.

Y/n: "I already told you I fell down some mean glass stairs-"

Misaka: "What?"

Y/n looks up to see Uiharu, Saten, Shiari, and Misaka.

Y/n: "Oh ah umm never mind. What's up?"

Uiharu: "We wanted to make sure you are okay."

Y/n: "Ah yeah I'm fine! Never better!"

Uiharu: "What happened?"