83 - CHANBAEK : Eleven Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

He is the first to arrive for the meeting even coming from abroad, and he knows the members would also be arriving soon one by one. They have their individual commitments just like him, and it is just an exact coincidence that they are meeting today on Baekhyun's birthday.

He should've brought a present at least.

He realizes he didn't bother because he couldn't pick any.

"Hello!"

"Hey, it's been a while!"

"Hyung, it's nice to see you!"

"How are you these days?"

"I'm fine, how about you?"

"Looking good now, huh?"

It's getting noiser. Chanyeol deems it must be Jongdae, Sehun, and Jongin followed by Junmyeon. His throat is suddenly drying up without a reason so he grabs a bottled water nearby and gulps on it, unconsciously tapping his fingers on his knees.

He looks at his watch.

And he can finally hear his familiar voice outside.

"HEY GUYS!"

"Hey Baekhyun! Happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday, hyung!"

"Thanks!"

"Did you see my message?"

"Yep."

"You're gonna treat us dinner tonight, right?"

"Hahahaha! Well, let's see!"

The door opens. Chanyeol finds himself turning his head around with an unnecessary jolt on his seat. He focuses his eyes on the wall clock as an excuse, yet his peripheral vision can make out a smiling Baekhyun squished in between Jongdae and Junmyeon slinging arms with him as they walk.

He's still as predictable as ever.

Baekhyun is the first to smile at him, so he just nods in response.

They haven't had a single word even after the meeting was ajourned.

*

"Stop drinking so much! You know you can't handle alochol that well!"

Jongin snatches the empty bottle of soju from Chanyeol whom in the end, still manages to grab it from the younger. He makes a pouty face and frowns when he doesn't get a taste of alcohol when he pours it on his mouth.

"What... Why no more... I want more..."

Jongin tsks, shaking his head as he watches a drunk Chanyeol slumping on the table dejectedly. Kyungsoo comes over to get his coat hanging on the backrest of his chair, giving the tall man a pitiful yet slightly annoyed glance.

"Are you gonna take him home, Jongin?" he asks Jongin who's still sitting beside Chanyeol even after their team dinner. The members have already gone separate ways like flash of lightning. No one wants to pay. "The car's waiting."