Chapter 7-Distance Is Harder Than I Thought

The Starbucks Boy -Chapter 7

*Nicole's POV*

I got to Arizona alive. Gabby and I shared a room while the rest of the girls ran to their hotel rooms. Gabby was the only person I knew.

I got a call from Kailey.

"Hey girl! I was just wondering where you were at! Niall told me. Have fun!" Was her voicemail.

I had a few texts now and then but I was really busy with practices. I don't think I have ever sweated so much in my life.

Niall at the airport was all I had been thinking about lately. We would text constantly unless he had rehearsals or I had practice.

Finally it was game day. First game in the tournament that lead to the World Series. USA vs. China. USA pulled a win. Close but a win. I had pitched amazingly! Towards the fifth inning, they put me on first base. Cool with me.

After the game, I got a call from Niall.

"Hey! I watched your game! Awesome job!" He says happily.

"Thanks!" I say back tired.

"You sound tired, I'll let you go. Love you." He says fading off.

"Love you!" I say ending the call.

One day in particular was odd for me.

The team and I was all sitting on our bus talking when Claire, another pitcher, started reading a book. I don't even remember the name, all I know is that it made her emotional. We sort of just blocked her out while she had her cry fest.

"So, Nicole. Do you have a boyfriend?" A girl asks. I hadn't been paying attention. I was playing on my phone. I had heard my name, that's the only reason I listened.

"Um.." I say looking to the ground.

"I-I um. Well we never really said if we were dating.." I confess.

They give me a mess of confused looks.

"Explain." Another girl says breaking the silence.

"I'd rather not. I miss him too much." I say looking back down at my phone.

"Oh well okay." They continued on.

I slumped down into my seat and had actually dozed off.

*Niall's POV*

Nicole had been gone for almost three weeks. Three weeks too many.

I had rehearsals today. We was just about to take off on our Take Me Home tour in America. All the boys was over at mine and Nicole's I guess now shared flat.

"So, did you ever tell Nicole before she left?" Louis asks me.

"Um. Yeah." I say messing with my phone.

"You did?" Liam says shocked. His eyes along with the rest of the eyes grew wider and jaws dropped.

"And..?" Harry asks.

"We..kissed." I say. I felt like I was starting to blush. I remember the kiss just like it was yesterday.

Zayn had a smile across his face.

"I told you." He says plainly.

"Yeah and I watched her softball game and she is amazing! You all should watch her next one with me." I say excitedly.

"When is it?" Liam asks.

"Tuesday! So in three days. She is playing Japan I believe is what she said." I say smiling from ear to ear. Just talking about her made me excited to see her!

"Sounds fun!" Harry says smiling slightly.

They left after an hour. I had fixed myself something to eat and laid down on the couch and watched some TV.

I had a busy and tiring day, but I texted Nicole.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight love! I think we should talk tomorrow. I got a question. Goodnight! (:" I sent.

A minute later, she texts back.

"Goodnight sweetie! Sure thing! I think we do too!(:" she replies.

That was the last I heard from Nicole that night. I had fallen asleep in the couch. Three weeks down.