005 - nice shot

L.D.S.K

_______

"REID failed his qualification." Elle informed as Gideon walked in. Odette frowned at the sentence.

"He can re-test in two weeks."

"Yeah, but he's gonna be embarrassed about it," Elle turned to Morgan, with Odette following her gesture and Gideon approaching them, "So let's not mention it."

"Yeah, let's not." Gideon informed.

Morgan threw one of his hands up, "Not a word."

Reid walked in, and sat at his desk, clearly upset. Morgan stood up and grabbed something off his desk before walking over to Reid. Odette smiled, knowing exactly what it was, remembering her and Morgans plan to mess around with Reid. She approached them and stood next to Morgan.

"Hey. We're all here for you." Reid gave no response, "I'm serious." Reid looked up at Morgan and Odette couldn't help but grin. But, Morgan needed to be serious, "If you ever need anything.." Morgan put the whistle around Reids neck and blew in it, "Just blow on that." Odette laughed a bit and Morgan reached into his pocket.

"You too, Monroe." He put a whistle around Odettes neck and blew into it, "Tweet that whistle and we'll know." He teased and walked back to his desk. Reid ripped off the whistle and Odette kept it on.

"Okay, Franklin Park, Des Plaines, yesterday afternoon." JJ walked towards the group, "Three victims shot at distance." She started handing out the files, "It's the third such shooting in two weeks."

"A sniper?" Elle asked and Odette was flipping through the files.

"We don't use that word." Morgan informed Elle.

"Why not?"

"The public perception is that the FBI doesn't have an exemplary record with snipers." JJ explained.

"Besides, a sniper is a professional marksman. These guys aren't snipers." Hotch looked toward Elle, then back at the file.

"What do we call them then?" Elle seemed confused.

"L.D.S.K." Odette answered quickly, still looking down at her case file.

"Long distance serial killers." Reid explained the abbreviation. Odette's phone began to ring.

"Hotch." She showed him her phone and he gave her an understanding look. She excused herself into the hall.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" Odette answered the phone.

"Are you busy with work?" Evangeline asked, and worried wasn't the right word to describe her tone. It was curious and gloomy; Saddened and yearning for something.

"Yeah, I'm about to leave for a case." Odette looked up at the clock, "Why, what's wrong?"

"I just— When you get back, I want you to come over. Talk about your dad."

"Have you told them?" Odette was referring to her siblings, "Do they know?"

"No. I wanted you to tell them." Evangeline sighed, "Look, I also think you're due for a visit, Dotty. Evan hasn't been doing so well, and Olivia knows something is up."