one hundred & fifty-three

Start from the beginning

the elevator doors soon opened and the two best friends were lead out of the hotel by security as fans cheered for them.

the two actresses smiled and waved at them before climbing into their car and starting the drive to the theater the oscars were being held at.

"so, what's going on between you and mr butler?" florence asked causing for elsie to turn to the blonde in surprise.

"you know?" elsie asked completely shocked.

"it's not like you were being completely secretive." florence remarked as elsie rolled her eyes at her best friend's comment.

"it's complicated." elsie shrugged while florence gave her best friend a deadpanned stare.

"it's complicated? that's basically code for you're fucking with no labels." florence retorted as elsie glanced at their driver.

"flo!" elsie exclaimed in disbelief.

"what? it's the truth!" florence retorted with a chuckle.

"we haven't really had the time to talk and put a label on it but i'm really happy, flo." elsie gushed happily.

"and that is all that matters to me. you have the better judgement and if you trust him enough to let him back into your heart, i can trust him too." florence smiled, happy that elsie was content with her life.

"i wish jackie thought the same." elsie frowned.

"jackie only sees things from her point of view and when she makes up her mind, she's very set on it but do not allow that to ruin what you and austin mended. i can tell he has matured and truly does want to be with you.

he waited two years to make things right with you. if he waited that long, i'm confident that he would not let anything ruin what you two have." florence comforted elsie as she placed her hand on top of hers.

"thank you." elsie smiled before the two arrived at the theater.

the two actresses quickly thanked their driver before climbing out of the car and beginning to walk down the carpet.

elsie and florence posed together for a few photos before taking photos by themselves, due to requests by the paparazzi.

elsie had finished walking the carpet first and was being escorted by a guide to an interviewer.

much to elsie's surprise, she was brought to guillermo, who elsie had seen a few times on jimmy kimmel's talk show.

"hi guillermo." elsie smiled as she stood in front of the hispanic man.

"hi elsie. what is your favorite movie this last year?" guillermo asked the actress.

"i think i have to biased and say sinner's desire." elsie replied causing for the two to laugh.

"okay, what is your favorite movie but you can't say a movie you starred in." guillermo rephrased his question.

"i think it has to be between puss in boots and everything everywhere all at once." elsie stated honestly with a soft smile.

"do you like tequila?" he asked elsie.

"i absolutely love tequila." elsie replied with a smile.

"would you like to have a shot?" he asked causing for elsie's face to light up.

"you have tequila here?" elsie asked before guillermo handed her the shot.

"oh my god." elsie laughed as guillermo grabbed his own.

"cheers!" elsie smiled as she clicked her cup with his before downing the shot.

"holy shit, can i have another?" elsie asked as she laughed lightly.